Chapter 7: Return the Favor

Author's Note: Smut warning! I have another chapter coming up soon that will also feature smut so there's kind of a lot of it all at once because they are a #mess but there will be more plot I promise lol

We didn't talk at all the next two days. I listened at my door every morning to see if I could hear him in the kitchen before emerging, careful to avoid him. I avoided eating breakfast there, instead stopping through drive thrus on my way to work and staying extra hours to avoid having to come back. My heart was heavy, but I was stubborn. I wasn't ready to crack yet, no matter how much I wanted to see him.

Besides, he had been avoiding me, too. I knew that I probably owed him an apology more than he owed me one, but the fact that he also didn't want to see me only further fueled the divide. Our fights had never gone on this long. Even if I was normally stubborn, being apart for more than like a day was always reason enough to come back together. This was bad.

After a few nights spent locked alone in my room, however, it began to wear on me. Hunter and I weren't codependent on each other, but spending time together had been part of our respective routines for so long that anything outside of that was strange. Even when I had been with Trevor, I saw Hunter multiple times a week. We had always been like that.

I finally had to crack. As much as things were weird between us, I wanted my best friend. A hug from him, at the minimum. It was still fairly early in the night, so I put on a bathrobe before stepping out of my room, tiptoeing over to his room. I tried to psych myself up to knock when I heard a soft moan from beyond the door. I cringed slightly. How did I manage to keep catching him like this? I started quietly stepping away, not wanting to worsen our situation any further when I heard my name. Had he noticed I was there?

I cautiously returned to his door, pressing my ear against it to listen and see if he called for me again. Instead, he moaned it. "Genevieve..." The French pronunciation rolled off his tongue effortlessly, and flashes of the night we spent together flooded my senses. Almost unconsciously, I reached for the door handle. I expected it to be locked, but the knob twisted with ease. Against my better judgement, I opened the door, quietly stepping inside and shutting the door behind me.

He jumped in surprise, instinctively attempting to cover himself. Aside from a pair of sweatpants at his ankles, he wasn't wearing anything. Without thinking, I stride toward the bed, quickly pressing my lips to his. Surprisingly, he didn't try to resist, kissing me back hungrily. I climbed on top of him, straddling his waist. His fingers wound in my hair, pulling me even closer into him.

I fumbled with my robe briefly, breaking the kiss long enough just to toss it aside. Underneath, I had just been wearing a bra and underwear, one of his hands quickly moving to undo my bra. I pressed my body onto his, grinding against him slightly, causing him to gasp. He bucked his hips up into mine, desperate for friction, but I moved away from the area he wanted to be touched most. "Patience..." I grinned, whispering in his ear.

I climbed off to pull off my last article of clothing as he finished kicking out of his sweatpants, letting them hit the floor. His lips eagerly collided with mine as I straddled him once more. I slowly rubbed against him, sliding up and down his length to stimulate my clit. He writhed beneath me, hands gripping my hips tightly. "Dammit," he moaned. "Don't tease."

I rolled my eyes, but grinned, deciding to comply, positioning him in front of my entrance. I rubbed his tip along me before sliding down onto him, sighing happily as he filled me up. I began moving back and forth, and he thrusted up into me, our bodies moving in tandem. Heat built inside me as I started to move faster, steadying myself against his chest. He pulled me even closer, peppering wet, sloppy kisses along my neck and collarbone. "Fuck," he panted. "I'm so close already."

"Then don't hold back," I smiled, kissing him deeply.

He held me firmly in place, pounding up into me until he finally released, a sort of relief apparent on his face. After taking a moment to catch his breath, he rolled me onto my back, lips attaching to my neck. Leaving hickeys as he went, he traveled down my body, looking back up at me with lustful eyes. Without hesitation, he buried his face between my legs, licking me up and down. I couldn't help but moan as he focused on my clit, fingers tightly gripping the bed sheets. He slowly slid a finger inside of me, thrusting it in and out quickly. It wasn't long before I was about to tip over the edge, moaning his name as I clenched around his fingers.

Without another word, he laid down beside me in bed, kissing me softly. This was different than any other kiss, with a tenderness that made me melt into his embrace. I laid my head against his chest, already feeling like I could be lulled into sleep. I was content having experienced him again, but in the back of my mind, dread lingered. I knew when we woke up in the morning, things would be different knowing this wasn't a one time thing. And I wasn't sure if the changes would really be for good, or if they would lead to crashing and burning.