16 - Drunken Wish

"A drink? How careless of you." Xiao looks at Y/n in contempt, twitching an eye. "Don't go doing foolish things when you're drunk."

"Well... That's why I need you there!" She winked and he looks away quickly with a sigh. "Hmm... I should invite Ganyu too!"

"Don't drag anyone else into this mess..." He couldn't help but give a small groan. The lively girl drags him to the restaurant with a toothy grin.

"As I said, that's why I need you there to clean up my mess, Mr. Janitor!"

They found Ganyu eating her vegetables as usual under the starry sky. She works overtime a lot so it was expected that she eats late as well. It was a relief that Y/n often wandered around at night to remember that Ganyu always eats at the restaurant when the sun settles down.

"Let's have a-"

"-a drink?" A tall shadow hovers over Xiao and Y/n, spooking them down to their spines.

"Holy Morax- oh, it really is you." Y/n covers her mouth with wide eyes in shame. She had sworn using her Master's name.

"Haha... Amusing as always." He pats her head, earning a blush from the girl. "But to think that you were able to drag Xiao here. What a rare sight."

"It's only to look after her. To make sure she doesn't do reckless things." Xiao closes his eyes with crossed arms, refusing to face his companion- though he wouldn't admit that title either.

"Xiao is quite shy..." Ganyu speaks up with smiling eyes. Y/n giggled at her comment, which made the short man glare at her.

"Waiter, we would like to have some drinks. For me... Osmanthus wine will do." Rex Lapis smiles in his human form The waiter grins and nods before facing the other three individuals.

"No need." Xiao states.

"Hmm, I never tried Osmanthus wine. I want that too!" Y/n smiles. Ganyu shook her head when the waiter looked at her, so he left to prepare our drinks.

A few minutes later, the wine came and Y/n stared at the cup of wine that Rex Lapis poured for her in awe. It was unheard of for the Master to serve their underling.

"T-Thanks..." Y/n took it anyway, knowing that refusing it would be rude as well.

"It's been a while..." Rex Lapis gazed at the cup of wine with incomprehensible eyes. The girl sitting across from him could not figure out what he was thinking. The eyes were dripped with sadness, longing, and nostalgia.

"Osmanthus wine tastes the same as I remember, but where are those who share the memory?" He smiles- somewhat painfully. Y/n clutched her shirt, feeling her heart pound at the expression. It had lasted only a second but it sketched itself in her mind.

If only she could end his suffering...

"Haha, what is that? A poem or something?" Y/n tries to lift his mood and proceeds to gulp down the cup of wine in one shot.

"Oi!" Xiao stands up, trying to grab the cup but she yanks it away with a forced laugh.

"I am not a lightweight!" She harrumphs, pouring another cup for herself. She downs it again, again, again, and again.

"Um... Shouldn't we stop her?" Ganyu worriedly looks at Y/n. Xiao responded with a scoff.

"It's useless. Once she sets her eyes on doing something, she won't give up." The Yaksha shakes his head, watching as the girl continues to gulp down the alcohol.

"She is quite the drinker." Rex Lapis chuckles, sipping his wine peacefully. It was shocking as both showed two different types of people who drink alcohol. One who gracefully drinks in small sips, and the other who gulps down the drinks in one go.

"Haaa..." Y/n slams her cup on the table the thirtieth time. "Hic...hup...ugg..."

"There she goes..." Xiao sighs before plugging his ears.

"Wine is great!" She suddenly shouts. Thank Celestia that not one customer was around at that time of the day.

"Uhm... I'm going to head back to work now..." Ganyu slowly stands up.

"Noooooo!" The horned Adeptus finds herself trapped in the tight embrace of the other female. "Thick..."

"T-Thick!? Did I gain weight again!? Oh no..." Ganyu tearfully slips away from her grasp and runs off, attempting to burn her calories.

"Ah..." Y/n finds herself holding onto nothing. "Osmanthus wine tastes the same as I remember, but where are those who share the memory?" She stumbles back to her seat while repeating what her Master had said.

"Where are they?! Who cares when I'm here?!" She slams both of her hands on the table, completely unaware of the dark expression that took over the god's face.

"Xiao, leave."

"Understood." The Adeptus knelt quickly before disappearing in a flash of green light.

"Master... Master, Master, Master-"

"Shh... It seems that you need some time to reflect on yourself." He brings a finger to his lips, the amber eyes glowing dangerously under the moonlight. Y/n shivers, realizing that her Master was now in a bad mood.

Yet she still did not care for she was drunk and one who gives into alcohol receives the blind courage to achieve their deepest desires.

"Master... Let's play a game!"