Dear Wise Older Brother

29 April, 2013. I was 12.

Category: Fanfiction, Horror

A Naruto fanfic.

-

I thought he was my hero. My protector and my example. "I'll protect you," he said. He lied. He was lying all along wasn't he?

Dear Wise Older Brother,

I love you so much. I'm guessing you love power? That's ok, we all love certain things in life because we're all different people. That's one of the pleasures of it I'd say. I wouldn't dare think of what a world without differences would be like, would you? That's why I admire you so much! You've got those awesome powers of yours that's different from everyone else's! I'd like to learn them one day, when you have the time to teach me that is. So, when can we start? I want everyone to admire me too!

Dear Foolish Little Brother,

You're pathetic. Why would you say such a thing? Don't lie to yourself. Do you want me to tell you what I did today for fun? Maybe you should come home right now. Maybe then, you won't like me so much. Never wish for such powers, brother. It's the best advice I can give you.

PS- Next time ok?

Dear Older brother,

What do you mean? I'm not- I'm coming home right now... I just left the Academy and I had a great day today. Naruto and I got paired up in a fight and it didn't end very well for him but it was fun, he isn't mad at me. Will it get bad? I have a weird feeling...

PS- Don't worry brother, I really meant what I said.

Dear Foolish Little Brother,

Why do you have to be so foolish? I can hear your thundering footsteps running this way... I'm sorry and I don't expect you to forgive me. That's ok, it's just what I want... I'll be waiting for you. Be strong, brother. Let hate guide you from here on out.

Your brother, Itachi.

Dear Older Brother,

Brother! What is this?! Brother please, help me! What happened to the old lady that gives me chocolate every day even though I don't like it? Where's the man that sells those delicious tomatoes? Where's granny Fuko and grandpa Fuji? Help them, help... brother where are you?! Are you dead brother? Am I going to die too?

Dear Foolish Little Brother,

So it finally came to you... Sasuke, I'm waiting. Come to me, and I'll show you. Now do you get it? I'm not the brother you thought I was. You're only meters away now... I can hear your crying, it's miserable. Defenseless like those people outside, are you? If you're so weak, maybe you shouldn't come inside, after all. It's a cruel nightmare about to get worse.

Your brother, Itachi.

Brother,

Itachi, what are you saying? You... Why didn't you help the people outside?! You could've saved them! You were there weren't you?! ... No... Mother and father, where are they?! I can't find them, are they- ... Itachi... I hate you!

Dear Foolish Little Brother,

I can see you open the wide doors to where I stand in the middle of the dark room. Tears stain your cheeks as you crawl to the corner and stare in horror. Welcome to my nightmare. Do you get the mystery behind my best friend's death yet? Do you understand why there are so many corpses outside? Why mother and father peacefully rest at my feet? I was granted with a gift, Sasuke. The gift of power. And now, I'm putting it to use. Don't you despise me now, brother? I murdered the entire clan!

It'd be smart to run.