Naruto: The Past That Went Away

December 3, 2012

I was 11

This is written on the POV of a member of one of the Teams that graduated the same year as Team 7.

-

The days of the shinobi passed way too quickly. The sun came up, then it went down. Just like that; as if someone had messed with time. The problem was that it was never the same again. Time seemed out of order as it zoomed past our Genin years and made us look back as if it were 100 years ago... Oh how I miss the old days. Things happened so quickly, it was as if they had never left the mark, never crushed our hearts and impacted our souls like the day Sasuke left the village. I know his decision to leave would break Sakura apart the most. Even now, she dreams for him to come back one miraculous day... or so everyone thinks. Her confession over Naruto had been a surprising one. We'd all known she loved Sasuke... but Naruto? Poor Sakura had been rejected by Naruto when he thought she was lying... maybe she was, maybe she wasn't, but if she was why would she anyway? To make Naruto feel better because she knew he loved her? And what's with that guy? Rejecting two girls he knew for all his life like that? I still have pity on both Sakura and Hinata... I hope they someday they'll find their true love... even if it's Naruto, maybe he'll come to his senses. We never knew the answer, not even now after a couple years. For the time took much less than ours for a single week. I shook my head, disrupting my long time thoughts of the past... The past that went away too fast for our desire.