Chapter Ninety-Three.

Carrying a tray up the stairs and into George’s bedroom where he was still asleep in the duvet, I smiled. “Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to George. Happy birthday to you.”

George, who was slowly coming around to a waking state, sat up in the covers and smiled at me. His smile was like a Cheshire cat - running ear to ear across his face. I placed the tray of breakfast stuff down on the bed beside him and grinned at him.

“Breakfast in bed?” he asked.

I nodded. “That’s the usual cliché thing to do on a birthday, isn’t it?”

He laughed. “Yeah, I suppose.”

“So you have freshly squeezed orange juice,” I began only to be interrupted by George.

“Squeezed by you?” George asked.

“Okay. It’s your birthday - you didn’t just give birth to a baby,” I joked. “It’s Waitrose’s finest so it’s as good as. Give birth to a baby and then you can have orange juice squeezed by me.”

“Okay,” George laughed.

“But you have love-heart toast that I cut myself but it looks more like an actual human heart toast rather than a love-heart,” I smiled. “And then there’s fruit salad with pancakes and ice cream for a dessert.”

George sat in bed chuckling to himself as he looked at the tray of breakfast. “Thank-you.”

“I’ve also got another surprise for you later,” I beamed.

“I thought you hated surprises?” George laughed.

“Yeah I do, but it’s okay when I know what’s happening,” I grinned. “Anyway, you need to pack an overnight bag.”

“We’re not going on another one of your turn up at the airport holidays because the last one was great but we can't be lucky with every single one of them,” George smiled.

“God, no!” I said. “Just don’t ask any questions.”

“Fine,” George reluctantly agreed before taking a bite out of the love-heart toast.

*

As the taxi pulled up outside the Corinthia, George looked at me in confusion. “What’s the surprise then?” he asked.

“Well, you know how we had such a good time at the Corinthia during the X Factor live shows?” I paused. He nodded. “Well, I’ve booked us in for a night so we can go out for dinner and go meet everyone at the club tonight but then we have tonight and tomorrow night in the hotel to just spend with each other and chill out.”

George smiled as he leant over to kiss me. “Thank-you.”

*

After a nice relaxing day walking around London in the sunshine and having a makeshift picnic of McDonalds by the London Eye, George and I slowly headed back to the Corinthia to get ready for tonight. As we crossed over Jubilee Bridge, looking down at the river that was flowing beneath our feet, my phone began ringing. I promised George that I wouldn’t answer my phone so long as he didn’t answer his phone but Lisa’s contact ID was flashing on the screen so I could hardly ignore it.

“Hello,” I smiled as I answered the phone, apologising to George through a sincere smile.

“Sammy, have you forgotten what day it is?” Lisa asked, sounding panicked.

“No, it’s George’s birthday.”

“Oh!” Lisa paused. “I forgot about that. But I have some great news for you - well, it's better than great. I have some phenomenal news for you.”