44: Labor Day

After the small incident, Namjoon moved in with Jin and they started working on the roof together.

That had left Jungkook, Taehyung, Hoseok, and E to do the house building for a week or two while he was busy. Knowing that it wasn't a good idea to continue without Namjoon, they didn't get much done until after Jin's roof was completed.

Once the roof was complete, Namjoon made regular trips to the big house to help with the remaining construction, and returned to Jin's smaller house every night.

Jin would go with him and absolutely dote on Yoongi and Jimin. So much so that Jungkook was admittedly jealous at how close they were getting, but he knew nothing was going on.

This had continued for quite a while, and eventually the construction was finally finished. They did some painting and decorating, and then decided who should get what rooms so that each couple could have their child next to them. They had built a third extra room just in case E got pregnant, even though she hadn't been doing anything with Hoseok yet, because they would rather be over prepared than under prepared.

And the rooms were finished just on time, too.

Because the next morning Yoongi woke up around 3am in pain.

The first thing he did? Smack Taehyung in a desperate attempt to wake him up quickly.

"Ow! What the heck?" Taehyung slowly pushed himself up and rubbed his eyes.

"Tae!" Yoongi was freaking out, borderline hyperventilating, probably on the verge of an anxiety attack.

"Yoongi?" Taehyung finally woke up enough to process what was going on, seeing Yoongi clutching onto his stomache in pain. "Yoongi! Hold on, I'll get Jimin!"

Taehyung flopped out of the bed and sprinted out of the room, tripping over a shoe and smacking into the hallway wall before reorienting himself to face the direction of Jimin and Jungkook's room.

"Jimin! Jimin come quick!"

Taehyung banged on the bedroom door, yelling for Jimin.

Jimin opened the door with a sour look on his face and tired eyes. "What?" He snapped.

"It's Yoongi!"

And just like that, Jimin was awake, running with Taehyung to the room, yelling to Jungkook as he left.

"Kookie, go get Jin and Namjoon! Quickly!"

Jimin knew Yoongi must be in labor because it was about time, and they had just been waiting for it to happen.

As soon as Jimin entered the room he turned the lights on and rushed to the bed.

"Jimin! Help me!" Yoongi cried. "I'm dying!"

"You're not dying," Jimin assured him, rubbing his shoulder for comfort and using a soft voice. "You're in labor. I'm going to help you deliver your baby."

"My baby?"

"Yes. Your baby is coming. I'm right here to help, and Taehyung is here too. You're going to be fine. I'm not going to lie, it will probably hurt, but it will be over soon."

"It already hurts! I know it's going to hurt! Stop sitting there and do something!" Yoongi shouted in frustration.

"Taehyung, go get my medical supplies. They should be by my nightstand."

Taehyung left and returned a moment later, carrying the medical supplies they had taken from a nearby hospital in preparation for this moment.

Jimin took the bag from Taehyung and opened it, pulling out a needle and a bottle of some medical liquid that was supposed to make Yoongi's midsection numb. That way Jimin could perform the needed c-section without Yoongi being in excruciating pain.