Working With The Bulas

Malik was about his early morning routines- brushing his teeth, hitting the shower, taking his drugs as the sunlight slowly crept in. It was 7am. He left for the mosque by dawn for fifteen minutes and came back to get ready.

Zansi watches his come out of the bathroom with a robe on as he goes on ahead to brush the water remnants off his hair.

"Good morning, Malik...", Zansi yawns slowly.

"You're up already?", he responds, still keeping his eyes on the mirror.

"Yeah. When your prayer alarm started ringing."

"You mean Adhan.", he corrects. "I need it every time to head to the mosque."

"How far is the mosque anyway?", Zansi asks with a stretch.

"Not far...", he responds, putting on his shirt. "Just down the street."

"And you wake up every dawn to go down the street,huh?", Zansi replies in demay.

"Yup. Day time, noon, sunset and nighttime too."

"That sounds exhausting...", Zansi bawls. "Like, back at school I had Muslim friends that would ditch a couple prayers when they're tired."

"Well, that's just them.", Malik scoffs. "Prayers are obligatory and if you grow up doing it, you get used to it."

"Well, do you like it?"

"You do perform your obligatory task in your religion don't you."

"I stopped reading the Bible when my mom passed away.", Zansi sheepishly admits. "And I never particularly liked going to the church either. That's why I was wondering why you constantly go to the mosque and if you enjoy it."

"Hmm...", Malik glances at her, giving a thought. He didn't particularly feel it was his place to give an opinion on this.

"Let's maybe not go there.", Malik suggests implying on the conversation getting heavy. He was done getting dressed as he walked towards the drug cabinet.

He then walks towards Zansi who still laid on the bed.

"I'm leaving.", he announces.

Zansi rises above, her knees on the bed, spreading her arms towards him, eloping him in an embrace.

Malik returns it by pulling her tighter by the weist.

"There's the WiFi incase you get bored.", he tells her. "There's some food in the fridge you can pop in the microwave when you get hungry."

He pulls away.

"So when will you be back?"

"It depends honestly.", Malik explains. "Depends on the work I need to round up but usually I get back after six."

"Six!?", Zansi bawls. "But that's too long."

"Just keep yourself occupied then. I'd be back in no time."

Zansi nods slowly.

"And if you need anything, send me the list via text and I'll see."

"Alright.", she nods. "Let me get back to sleep now."

***

Malik surfs through his desktop, checking his emails. It was day time and he takes his second mug of decaf coffee.

His door receives a knock. "Come in.", he allows.

It was no other than the exotic Miranda prancing towards his desk, swinging her hips in an effort to seduce him.