Admit It

The gang were headed back the mosque for Munir's daurin aure. His guy was finally officially married and the gang was more than thrilled to celebrate. There would be a dinner event the following day.

It had actually been a few days of tensed silence between him and Zansi at the apartment. He declined her food and gestures a couple more times before she stopped trying and would face down at her sleep when he would get up for work. She stopped trying. He knew she wouldn't last long.

Zansi tried to make a couple more advances at him the other consecutive nights but he would shift her hands off, slowly pushed her head off his chest and would even leave the bedroom to her to spend the night alone.

He would block out her voice when she would rant at him for neglecting her and not communicating. But what was he supposed to say? I forgive you?

Last night he overheard her breaking into an argument with her stepmother over the phone. It was probably about her questioning her decisions in life and Zansi getting defensive about it as it wasn't her place. There was a lot of yelling and bickering on the phone, leaving her cry her eyes out the night.

Malik avoided the room that night. Sure, it bothered him not being able to comfort her but he felt he should love kept his distance for as long as he needed to.

So it's a Sunday night and Malik was getting ready to head with the gang for their usual get together. Malik never particularly liked going out with them. He didn't even consider most of them real friends especially when these hypocrites turned out to be mutual friends with Bashir and even revealing his secret.

All they did was get high and have petty talks. On his birthday, Malik remembered how none of them checked up on him when he blacked out on his birthday except for Robert and the new groom himself.

He had outgrown that petty group. Malik was at the point of his life where he would think of settling and redeeming his faith not just talk about sex, hoes, sports and luxury. The friend group wasn't even based on loyalty but hierarchy!

Malik gazes at the mirror checking himself, as Zansi walks out of the shower drenched in a towel.

He watches her take off the towel, smearing  the fragrant lotion onto her tender melanated skin. He gulps at the sight. It had been a while since he touched her. Or even saw her naked back not to talk of the rest of it. He reminisces the time he'd crawl upto her and grasp her breasts in his hands, fondling them as he kissed her back. She was so soft and fluffy. Her soft moans turned him on even more.

He quickly tears his sight from her, to refrain from arousal, clearing his throat. He draws his hand back to the dressing table to reach her cologne but subconsciously pushes it off the table as it spills and shatters. That was his favorite cologne. Suave.

"Fuck!", he cusses bending over to pick the shard but the sharp edge cuts the palm of his hand.

He groans in pain and irritation rushing to the bathroom to wash his hands. Zansi notices the shuffling sounds, realizing he's hurt, she quickly rushes to his aid as he put his hand out in the air. "Stand back!", he says to her, halting her.

That's when he looks down to the mess realizing she was about to step on the shards. He was probably warning her.

She, startled, quickly shifts her the mess and rushes to his aid. She walks into the bathroom, watching his wash the blood off his hand but the pressure from the tap was too much. He was already even dripping blood on the tiles.

"Malik let me do it.", she offers, reaching her hands towards his but he yanks it away stubbornly.

"Don't bother.", he groans.