Harry Potter Isn't Dreaming, He's Seeing!

Harry smiled as he ran over to the same table Ron and his brothers were sitting at. The relief from being with familiar faces blocked out the strange conversation with the hat.

His welcome was warm. The Weasley twins chanted 'we got Potter!' and everybody congratulated him. He laughed with them, and marveled at the magical food, and gasped when the ghosts came out.

"Why are you so surprised?"

"I have every right to be surprised, a ghost just came out of the table!"

"Am I not good enough for you?"

"What? You're not a ghost! Are you?"

"Harry, mate, you're talking to yourself again."

"No I'm not." Harry (mp) denied quickly. He wasn't sure if it was true.

-

That night, as he laid in bed, Harry (mp) saw something strange.

It was him.

No. Not him. It was him, but seemingly transparent and floating. Was it him? Fuck. Harry (mp) was getting confused.

"What are you staring at?"

He spoke! It spoke? "You spoke!" Harry Pooter, son of May Potter, screamed.

"You can see me?! Wait! Hey, don't shout!"

"You're shouting, asshole!"

"Yeah, but they can't hear me, idiot!"

Harry (mp) paused. "You're much more calm when I can't see you." Another pause, and then, "Sorry for shouting everyone!"

Seamus, another of the Gryffindor boys, threw a pillow at him.

Harry (mp) shut his curtains and then sat down on his bed and stared at floating, transparent version himself.

"So... Hi. I'm Harry Potter."

"Actually, I'm Harry Potter."

"Right, but I am also Harry Potter. A different Harry Potter. My mom defeated Voldemort."

"My mom's cooler, and who's Voldemort?"

The ghost, now known to be Harry Potter, stared at the boy, Harry Potter. "Did you just insult my mom?"

"No, I just said my mom is cooler."

"My mom defeated a DARK LORD."

"My mom raised me and supported a family of four almost entirely on her own."

"Your mom, she seems great. Like, I think she's a really good person. But my mom is the best mom."

"If your mom is the best mom, why aren't you with her?" Harry (mp) regretted saying it as soon as he did. Harry (lp) visibly deflated when he heard it.

"I want to be with her. But I can't. I can't move on the the afterlife. I'm stuck on the mortal plane, because I've got some stupid unfinished business I didn't even know about until you touched that stupid fucking letter. But now that I know, it seems impossible. And since you got me into this fucking mess, you're getting me out."

Harry (mp) just stared at the ghost. Then he flopped backwards into his bed, rolled onto his stomach, and groaned.

"I'm just fucking dreaming."

"No you're not. Hey! Get up! I have things to tell you! Oi! Hey! I'm gonna shit in your bed. Okay, I'm not, but still! I'm a ghost! You should fear me!... Why can't I posses people? That would make things so much easier."

Harry (lp) pouted, complained some more about the disadvantages of be a ghost, but was stuck waiting until the sun rose so that he could go back to just being a voice in the other Potter's head.