INTRODUCTION

WHY I MADE THIS

I have a lot of opinions about books—popular or otherwise. I also have very high standards when it comes to books. There are things I tolerate, and things I don't. I've decided to share these opinions of mine, because though there are many others doing what I'm doing, I feel as though they're offering the same opinions ("Oh, I love Cassandra Clare's City of Bones!" "John Green's Looking for Alaska is such a classic!")

I'm not saying these opinions are wrong, per se, but my opinion do differs from most, especially in this community. So, why not share it?

You may agree with me, or you may not. To find out, I've compiled these short lists. Check it out and see if you can trust my judgement.

Oh, and before we get to the list, you should know how I'm going to judge the books. I'm going to rate them by 5 aspects: story, characters, dialogue, descriptions, and how much I like the books overall. Not necessarily in that order. There may be some exceptions for the rule—for instance, I'd put a romance section for a book with romance as its central theme—but I think I'll stick to those 5 aspects, because they're the most important aspects of a book to me.

So, yeah. Here are my lists.

BOOKS I LIKE

Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia 

Every Day by David Levithan

The Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo 

The Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness

One of Us is Lying by Karen M McManus

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff 

Skyward by Brandon Sanderson

BOOKS I DISLIKE

The Throne of Glass by Sarah J Mass

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Infinity Son by Adam Silvera

The Magpie Society by Zoe Sugg

Firefight by Brandon Sanderson

Harley Quinn: Mad Love by Paul Dini and Pat Cardigan

Starfall by Melissa Landers

OTHER THINGS I LIKE

Catch Me if You Can (2002)

The Breakfast Club (1985)

BoJack Horseman (2014-2020)

The Babadook (2014)

Adventure Time (2010-2018)

Heathers (1988)

Death Note (2006-2007)

Her (2013)

The Terminator (1984)

The Haunting of Hill House (2018)

Sharp Objects (2018)

Artificial Intelligence (2001)

The Visit (2015)

Kimi no Nawa (2016)

The Room (2015)

IN CONCLUSION

Dislikes: Love triangles, characters that cry too much, stories that introduce too many themes on such a short time, stories that resolve nothing in the first book (the kind where "you have to wait for the {insert ordinal number} book for things to get really interesting"), things that are too wholesome, nonsense action, and flowery writing.

Likes: Kingdoms, survival stories, stories where you can't trust anyone, fun banters, amazing details, personality in narrative, rogue characters, taking-down-the-goverment plot, big character transformations, aaaaand anything and everything enjoyable.

Will any of you even read this? I doubt it. 

Am I still going to make it? I hope so. 

Like I said, I have strong opinions about books and I'd like to share them with the internet. Even if the internet doesn't care.