heather

why would you ever kiss me?
i'm not even half as pretty
you gave her your sweater, it's just polyester

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
(hanahaki disease au)
blueyy06 gave me the idea for this one, so thanks bitch 😩

george had been in love the dream for as long as he could remember. ever since they met, george couldn't help but admire the way dream cared for everyone, they way he paid so much attention to everything, just something about him was so fascinating.

george was so in love, he had developed the hanahaki disease. coughing up flowers, having trouble breathing, and crying himself to sleep. he was miserable but, dream only saw him as a friend.

the brunette hated being just a friend. he wanted more, he was desperate. the more he fell in love the more flowers he coughed up, he needed a kiss or something, just, something!

~~

one night, dream and george were watching movies. just as friends. the whole time george was suppressing the urge to cough up flowers. not wanting dream to know about his, one sided love.

during all this, dream was dozing in and out of sleep, just barley watching the tv anymore. george looked at dream while he feel asleep.

admiring his fluttering eyelashes, the pretty freckles dusted across his face, and his beautiful lips. it was almost as if something came over george, without thinking he blurted out, "dream, i love you."

dream only hummed in response. he probably didn't even hear what george said, but the brunette was ecstatic. thinking that dream felt the same way. it was like the boy was crazy, crazy on love.

george moved closer to dream on the couch, and snuggled into his arm, getting ready to fall asleep with him. george was expecting to feel relief.

to feel the flowers disappear, to feel the ability to breathe smoothly, to feel loved. but he didn't feel anything, maybe it took time?

either way, george got comfortable and slept next to his 'boyfriend' as he thought.

~~

dream woke up first. feeling a weight on his hand. seeing george fast asleep, curled up by his side made him smile but, he needed to get going. dream was going to see his soon to be boyfriend, sapnap.

dream stood to his full height and looked down at george one last time, he looked comfortable, dream wasn't going to bother him.

the blond walked to his room, picking out an outfit and everything. he settled on a simple white shirt, black pants, and a green sweater in case it got a bit cold.

meanwhile, george woke up with really bad chest pain. he could feel the flowers blooming in his lungs, and climbing up throat. this was the worst pain george had felt so far. but why was it so bad? didn't dream love him too?

dream walked out of his bedroom, and into the living room. he saw dazed george on the couch, rubbing his chest and eyes, just barley waking up.

"im going to see sapnap, ill be back later, bye dude." dream said heading for the door, and getting into his car.

george was left dumbfounded. he sat on the couch, tears in his eyes from the pain, and petals almost spilling out of his mouth.

the pain was too much. george simply layed on the floor by the window and cried.

george was in love. too deep in love.

~~

"sapnap!" dream said happily, opening his arm wide for a hug. sapnap reacted the same, running in for a hug.

dream had been in love with sapnap for the longest time. and the ravenette seemed to have the same feeling but, both of them were too shy to confess. so, today was the day. dream was going to ask out sapnap.

they two boys went on with a normal day together. going to eat, playing some games, and then going to dreams house.

sapnap needed a ride, and dream didn't mind, so they got in the car, and when you'd expect dream to start driving, he turned to look at sapnap. already feeling his heart rate speed up, and his hands shake.

"ive been.." dream started but paused. he was nervous. very nervous. "i really, l-like you." dream spat out, looking right into sapnaps eyes.

sapnap just stared at him. thinking of what to say or do. he felt the same way but- he never expected dream to confess like this.

without thinking, sapnap leaned over the car seats, and pulled dream in for a hug and a peck on the cheek. the blond gladly accepted and kissed him on the cheek as well.

"i like you too." sapnap said, ending with a smile, even though dream couldn't see.

dream pulled away from the hug, keeping one hand in sapnaps, and then starting the car. they drove to dreams house both giddy about the new relationship. they couldn't be happier.

~~

dream pulled into the driveway and quickly hopped out of the car, and running over to sapnaps side of the car, opening the door for him. they exchanged a smile and sapnap stepped out of the car. he immediately felt the cold afternoon air hit his bare arms.

all while dream and sapnap were happy with each other, george was dying. the pain kept increasing, breathing was harder, and the petals forced their way out of his throat.

george watched dream and sapnap get out the car. he cried some more- even if that was possible.

suddenly, dream handed something to sapnap, his green sweater. dream gave sapnap his favorite sweater.

"you have him your sweater!" george yelled out in agony, even though no one could hear him, he could see clearly what was going on from the window. he coughed out a whole flower, along with some blood, already feeling his heart rate slow down.

dream led sapnap into the house, and opened the door to a sight he would never forget. blood was smeared on the couch and on the floor, along with petals and flowers scattered everywhere.

"george! wha-what happened!?" dream asked in a panic, leaning down to lift the sick boy off the ground and into his arms. cradling him on the floor.

"drea-dream. i thought you l-loved me." george forced out with some petals.

the look in his eyes was something dream would never forget. george was crying, blood coming out his mouth, and petals trickled on his shirt. why did he get like this? what did dream do? or, was it what he didn't do?

sapnap was so scared, he couldn't move, he couldn't talk, he didn't know what was happening. so, he just watched dream try to save their friend.

"george, i-i do love you, what..." dream trailed off, as he finally understood what was going on. hanahaki disease.

"i hope you can be happy without me, goodbye..." george said as the life was drained out of his eyes.

dream couldn't even cry. he was just so, stunned. he released the boy from his arms and put him down with a thud.

sapnap and dream simply just ran into each other's arms, how could they be happy without george?