Aldin and The Key of...

Aldin took his book with him and made his way down the long stairway with Jamie.

"...its..." Aldin started to say.

"Hmm?"

"Its a book about introverts." Aldin turned the book around and showed the cover to Jamie. 'The Hidden Talents of Introverts.'

"Well it looks like its just your cup of tea." Jamie said.

Aldin frowned resentfully and contemplated dropping the book.

"Hm? What's the matter?" Jamie asked.

"I just...don't feel good right now." He said. Aldin stopped on the middle of the stairway and stared down the railing. "Why are these stairs so long?"

~Later that same day~

Aldin and Jamie were walking back on the main street of Antarctica.

"Well its about time we find some rest."

"Ugh...finally."

"Come with me, I know a place uptown." Jamie led the way towards a building on the side of the road. Aldin looked over towards his left and looked around at all the people.

There were children running around and screaming as they played and some people playing virtual games on large clear headsets.

In the midst of the children, he saw something that caught his eye. Someone...that caught his eye. She had light skin with long straight black hair and brown eyes, and she wore a flannel with jeans. Aldin became entranced by her appearance as he glanced at her.

"See someone you like?" Jamie asked. Aldin looked up at Jamie to see him holding back his laughter. "Its all right. Go on. New life, new choices right?"

"Well...yeah."

"So go talk to her."

"Uhhh...I don't know."

"Why not?"

"I mean...I don't know. What if she doesn't wanna talk to me?"

"Aldin, a lady appreciates when you recognize her. She'll engage with you if you initiate."

"I guess you're right."

"So....?"

Aldin felt another rush of adrenaline go through him. "Okay! Okay, okay. Um...uh...what should I say?"

"Just go over there and say hi. Ask what she's doing."

Aldin looked over to see the girl playing tag with all the children. She shamelessly slowed her movements so the kids could catch up and tag her back.

"Alright....um...okay."

"You got this, kid."

Aldin slowly approached the spot on the field where the girl and children were playing. She looked about his age, and she had lots of energy. Aldin struggled to find an opportunity to speak amongst all the shouting.

"Tag! You're it!" She exclaimed.

The children laughed and yelled as they chased her in circles. She eventually dropped on the ground and hurdled as the kids nearly jumped on her to tag her back.

"Aww! You got me!"

Aldin got close enough to speak to her. "Uh...hey there." He said.

The girl turned her attention immediately towards Aldin. "Oh, hi." She said with a smile.

"Hey....so um....hi. You're doing fine, right?"

The girl squinted her eyes and a slight smile ran across her face. She didn't respond.