Aldin and The Untapped Potential

Aldin heard a knock on his door. He approached it and looked through the small hole. He opened the door to see Jamie with his same suit as always, but rather than wearing a bowtie, he was wearing a normal tie this time. "Yooo Jamie." Aldin greeted. "What's up?"

Jamie smiled. "Good afternoon. I need you for something really quick, come to my room."

"Okay." Aldin stepped out of his room.

"Oh, and bring that book Mr. Boldenstein gave you while you're at it."

"Huh? Oh! Yeah!" After retrieving the book, Aldin walked into Jamie's room carrying it close to his hip. "So...what did you need?"

Jamie pat his bed, "Come, have a seat. Meanwhile, I'LL sit over here." He walked over and took a seat near the window in the corner. He raised one of his legs and put his heel on top of his other knee. He crossed his fingers and leaned back. "We haven't had a session in a while." He took out a pad and clicked a pen.

"Oh yeah...what day is it?"

Jamie looked at his watch and the day read, 'April 2nd'. "Its been exactly 2 week since our last session."

"Wow...only 2 weeks huh? Time flies..."

"Yeah, no kidding."

"You're wearing a tie today."

"Oh, well you see today I'm meeting up with a client, so I thought I would dress up."

Aldin snickered to himself.

"What's funny?"

"Its just that-nevermind."

"Well alright. First-Lets go through your emotions. How would you rate your emotional health on a scale of 1-10 right now."

"Um...maybe a 7-no wait...uh...maybe 6."

"Okay. How often are you feeling quiet and slow paced."

"Hehe...quite often.."

"And are you still feeling like a failure? I know the keymaker didn't necessarily make you feel welcome."

"I....uh...um..." Aldin looked down as he struggled to make words. He looked up at Jamie and forced a smile and nodded.

"How often?"

"Um....really often?"

"How about right now?"

Aldin's eyebrows curled and his demeanor slightly dropped. "...Yes"

"Do you feel like you can still trust me?"

"Yeah, I trust you."

Jamie continued scribbling in his pad. "Huh...no hesitation there. Okay, a couple more. Do you feel any impulses to hurt others?"

"No."

"Any to hurt yourself?"

"No."

"Do you take little or less pleasure in things than you used to?"

"Um...sometimes?"

"OK...interesting. And lastly, do you feel that we are addressing all of your needs in therapy?"

"Um...I'm not sure.."

"Does that mean no?"

"...Yeah...I guess it does."

Jamie closed his pad and lowered his leg. He put his pen in his coat pocket. "Alright, so let's start off right. You were hanging out with your new friend Ethan the other day, how did that go?"