The Wedding

I walked into the rehearsal with my best smile. I'm going to be fine. And then I heard it. The song L-O-V-E written by Frank Sinatra, but sung by Michael Bublé in this case was playing ever so beautifully in the ballroom.

L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you addore can love
Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can't break
Take my heart but please don't break it
Love was made for me and you

And there was my dearly beloved couple standing at the center, dancing like they were the happiest people in the world.

It was painful, but I had never seen Xander more happy than he was just then.

"Violet!" Clarissa squealed and ran to me enveloping me in a hug.

"Hey Rissy-pie, looks like Dander finally cured you of your two left feet huh?" I forced a smile.

"No kidding, any who, where have you been for the past two weeks? I have so much to tell you and your manager wouldn't let me speak to you about the wedding. He said it would 'throw off you focus.' I was in serious need of my bestie and he just totally rejected my need for you." She pouted.

Yup that sounds like Aussie. Seems like I'll have to thank him for being the best.

"Sorry about that, I was helping with the choreography to a promo video." I acted sheepish.

"Oh, well, now that you're here we can fit you into your dress. Did you know that the students from Harrison Academy are helping out? Apparently Xander's really close to the Headmaster. Do you want to meet them after the wedding? I know you'll probably bump into a few students, but we can do like a mini welcome back party for you since its been forever since you've been in the U.S." She said.

I had almost forgotten how much she liked to talk.

"Sure, by the way, when's the actual wedding day? I didn't get a chance to read the invite properly." I asked.

"It's next week. Isn't it exciting?" She squealed.

"Yeah, I could just jump for joy." I let out a fake laugh. Thank goodness the girl doesn't know what sarcasm sounds like.

At least this wasn't too bad. As long as Xander continues to give me the silent treatment, I'll be fine.