First Love

"Nicely done Vi. Here's your guitar. I'll see you around." Gordon said as he quickly caught up to me.

"Thanks, I'll see you around." I smiled weakly. Walking around I found a room that was open.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" I called.

No one answered so I stepped inside. The room was absolutely gorgeous, and once I caught sight of the balcony I decided to check out the view.

And believe me when I say it was drop-dead gorgeous. As expected of the Sylvr Hotel.

I grabbed a chair from the room and sat down, pulling out my guitar. Music and the night was my only escape. What better combination could I have at this moment?

Adele's song First Love came to mind, even though it was cheesy for the timing. I needed it and there was no denying it.

So little to say but so much time,
Despite my empty mouth the words are in my mind.
Please wear the face, the one where you smile,
Because you lighten up my heart when I start to cry.

Forgive me first love, but I'm tired.
I need to get away to feel again.
Try to understand why,
don't get so close to change my mind.

Out of nowhere I heard a strange creaking sound. Turning, I looked to see if anyone was there. When I saw no one I just went back to singing.

Please wipe that look out of your eyes,
it's bribing me to doubt myself;
Simply, it's tiring.

This love has dried up and stayed behind,
And if I stay I'll be a lie
Then choke on words I'd always hide.
Excuse me first love, but we're through.
I need to taste a kiss from someone new.

Forgive me first love, but I'm too tired.
I'm bored to say the least and I, I lack desire.
Forgive me first love (4x)
Forgive me,
Forgive me first love,

I let out a sigh and put the guitar back in its case. Guess it's time to face the music.

~^~

"Violet there you are, I've been looking everywhere for you. Don't you want to meet your Headmaster?" Clarissa frowned.

"Actually Rissy-pie I think I'm gonna head out. I don't feel too good. I'll just meet him on Monday." I said.

"Oh goodness are you coming down with the flu or something? Should I get someone to take you to your dorm?" She asked, concerned.

"It's nothing serious. Probably just extended jet lag. I'll just call a cab, it's not even 10:00 pm yet anyways." I shrugged it off.

"Alright then, if you're sure. Well, thanks for everything Vi. I know it's been hard since your parents-" She began sadly.

"Bye Clarissa, have a good night." I gave her a quick hug and walked away. I've been getting really good at doing that lately, the whole walking away thingy.

I guess it really does run in the family.