Sing for Me

I walked around as guests slowly filled the mansion. I was empty, which I was totally grateful for.

"Miss Violet please come quickly. Young Master Johnson is being difficult and no one is sure of what to do." Nina, the head maid, panicked.

"Take me to him." I sighed. Why do I have to comfort him? Shouldn't it be the other way around? He barely starts talking to me and suddenly everyone thinks we're best friends, like before. Which was a major lie.

Speaking of lies, I'd be telling one if In said that what Dander looked like was normal and happy. The man looked worst than a saxophone player in a guitar shop. It was that bad.

"Violet, what do I do?! I can't go through with this-" Xander began as I walked into the room.

To this day I have no idea what came over me, but I ignored all of the men inside and let my hand fly. The sharp slap connected to his face and I could hear the gasps from the maids. He was obviously shocked as well when he looked at me.

"Are you awake now you idiot? How dare you say you are unable to go through with this wedding. Do you have any idea on what lengths the Mortensons have gone through for this wedding? Not to mention your parents. If you don't have the courage to head outside there then why did you propose in the first place?" I asked coldly.

Perhaps at that moment I should have convinced him to leave Clarissa and just call off the wedding, but I wasn't completely heartless. Only a few pieces of my heart had been left, but they were still strong.

"Because I love her." He said after a long moment of silence.

"Then go outside and show just how much that is true. If you really love her then don't let your fears get in the way." Ah what a hypocrite I am.

Perhaps this is fate's way of saying I should let him go. But that didn't mean it wouldn't hurt.

~^~

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest smiled.

I forced myself to watch their happy moment that brought tears to my eyes. But I didn't let a single tear fall. I would only allow a guy to ruin my lipstick, not my mascara. A motto I had lived for quite some time.

Numbness surrounded me as I mingled with others. I headed outside to get some kind of fresh air. The night time breeze and starry sky calmed me down considerably.

Then it came time for me to sing. As I made my way back inside, I ran into a brick wall. Preparing myself to hit the floor was unnecessary since it turned out that the brick wall was actually a person who to my delight caught me.

This action prevented me from becoming a laughing stock and put 'Brick' at the top of my list of people I don't hate. Right next to Aussie.

"I'm terribly sorry for running into you, I wasn't watching where I was going. Thank you for catching me." I said sincerely.

The guy looked to be my age (around 17) and was undoubtedly good looking. He set me on my feet, but said something that caught me off guard.

"Don't worry about it love. But I'm a future doctor and your showing symptoms of something I'd be worried about." He said, concern laced in his voice.

"What?" I began to panick. I did feel a little under the weather lately, but I thought I simply needed to get over Xander. I had no idea it could be something worse. Maybe I should get myself to a local hospital.

"A lack of Vitamin Me." He winked.

For a moment I stared at him blankly. Then I laughed, for the first time since I had spoken to my grandparents (which felt like forever/a week ago) I let out a real laugh. Brick pretended to look hurt and held up a scolding finger.

"Miss this is a serious matter." He tried in vain to stop himself from smiling.

Once I sobered up and heard the announcer call for my name again I leaned in and kissed Brick on the cheek.

"Thanks, you're the first person to have made me laugh in a while. It's more appreciated then you know." I smiled sadly and went up to the stage.

"Why good evening ladies and gentlemen. My most sincerest apologies I got a little caught up at the dessert table. I must say, that food is absolutely to die for. And in light of that can we give our delightful cooks and kitchen staff a round of applause?" I smiled. Laughter and clapping ensued.

"Moving on, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Violet Rossetta and I'm the best friend of the bride and groom. Thus as a representative of the bride I would like to sing you all a little song from Clarissa to Xander." I introduced myself.

After the short amount of clapping, I began gave Gordon (Xander's best man and brother) his cue to begin playing the guitar. Then I was singing I Choose You by Sara Bareilles.

Let the bough break, let it come down crashing
Let the sun fade out to a dark sky
I can't say I'd even notice it was absent
Cause I could live by the light in your eyes

I'll unfold before you
What I've strung together
The very first words
Of a lifelong love letter

Tell the world that we finally got it all right
I choose you
I will become yours and you will become mine
I choose you (2x)
(Yeah)

There was a time when I would have believed them
If they told me you could not come true
Just love's illusion
But then you found me and everything changed
And I believe in something again

My whole heart
Will be yours forever
This is a beautiful start
To a lifelong love letter

Tell the world that we finally got it all right
I choose you
I will become yours and you will become mine
I choose you (2x)

We are not perfect
We'll learn from our mistakes
And as long as it takes
I will prove my love to you

I am not scared of the elements
I am under-prepared, but I am willing
And even better
I get to be the other half of you

Tell the world that we finally got it all right
I choose you
Yeah
I will become yours and you will become mine
I choose you (3x)

I let everything out into the song. All of the happy moments I had with both of them fueled each word in the lyrics. As the song came to an end a single tear fell. Traitor, I thought to myself.

The applause was almost deafening as I stood up and bowed.

"Thank you so much. I love you Clarissa and Xander. May all of your days be filled with happiness." I smiled and blew them a kiss.

Exiting the stage I wandered around the hotel.

I needed to be alone.