Chapter 4

I wake up and my dad still isn't home. I guess he got lucky. I put on an outfit we picked out at the mall yesterday. Some daisy dukes with a black tank with daisies on it and a daisy flower crown and some sandals. I curl my hair, put some makeup on, then go make some breakfast. I make a strawberry and banana smoothie. I see the pink jeep pull up in my driveway and grab my drink and bag and head out the door.

When we get to school we all talk a little about some guys and our outfits of the day and a bunch of crap. Once I'm in first period all Cody and I do is play footsies and talk.
" So you look like an Jade in the making." Cody says.
" What no way Skye picked out this outfit"
" And isn't Skye just a follower of Jade?"
"True. I guess I might look like that but whatever I like it"
*bell rings*
As I start to walk out of the classroom Cody stops me and walks to my next class with me "So Scarlett, do you wanna go to a sweet burger joint with me after school?"
"Burgers ehh? Sure. you've gotta give me a ride though."
"No problem I've got my own ride"
"Then I'll see you after school at my locker"

The next thing I know it's the end of the day. As I'm putting my books in my locker and grabbing my bag I see Cody.
" So you ready?" He asks as he approaches my locker.
"Yeah just let me go tell the girls I can't do anything after school today."
"Alright be quick"
I walk over to Jades locker where all the girls were watching my conversation with Cody.
"What the hell was that?" Says Amber.
" Oh he asked me to go to some burger joint with him after school and I said sure." I reply
"Whatever we are just hanging out at my house today so we can catch up after." says Rachel
" Okay are you guys sure this is okay?" I ask.
" Yeah just know we warned you" says Jade and Amber in union