Chapter 5

I walk back over to Cody.
" So where's this burger joint at?" I asked Cody.
"You'll see."
As we walk out of the school I see a lifted blue truck sitting in the lot.
" Damn who's truck is that? It's nice."
" That would be your carriage my lady"
"Wow are you serious?" I asked completely shocked.
"Yeah that's my truck. my dad and I worked on it together..."
"Wow is he a mechanic?"
"Uhm yeah he was"
Cody opened the door for me and I climbed into the truck. He closed the door and walked over to the other side of the truck and hops in. Cody and I talked the whole ride there and I realized we took a 40 minute ride to the middle of farmland with a little burger joint on the side of the road.
We walked in and the lady in the back ran to Cody and gave him a hug.
"Oh who's this fine lady you brought with you?" she asked.
" Ma'am this is Scarlett she just moved to town from California."
" Awe hello darlin I'm Susie I was close friends with his daddy."
" Oh well it's a pleasure to meet you"
I was curious about Cody's dad something isn't adding up with him. I was absolutely shocked to discover Cody was a country boy because deep down I was country. I was born on a ranch in California and I ride horses,shoot, fish, ride quads, and all that jazz.

" Wow those were the best burgers I've even eaten."
"Well yeah Susie made 'em"
Cody and I talked about how he's a country boy. It turns out he lives on a farm with his mom, step dad, and three step sisters. He dropped me off at my house and walked me to the door.
" Thank you for the most amazing night ever."
" Well I'm glad I could take a girl like you out. I kinda thought you'd turn out like Amber but you're different she was pretty and rich you're real and a hidden country girl kinda like me."
"Except you're a guy... I think"
We both laughed.
"Well night Cody"
"Goodnight Scarlett"
I went to give him a hug and he kissed my cheek and turned and walked back to his truck. Wow he's such a gentlemen in disguise.