Chapter 1

"Scarlett! Get you're ass down here!"
"Ugh... Coming Dad!"
Another morning, another horrible day. My dad and I just moved here to Pennsylvania from California. I'm 15 years old. It's just my dad and I. My mom left us when I was just three. She was a drug addict. She went to one party and met this guy, hooked up and bye-bye mom. Ironically,he ended up being a drug dealer. Now she is all alone with three of his kids. He is in Jail for three more years. Anyway, today is my first day at my new school,George Washington High.
I pick out a cute outfit to start off the year. A cleavage revealing white tee and a black skirt with black flats. I straighten my long brown and blonde hair. I also put on some basic make-up. Mascara, Cover-up, Bronzer, Blush and Chapstick.
I head downstairs for breakfast and grab a muffin. I go on my way. As I get to school, when I walk into the office I find a plump red head woman with way to much lipstick and make-up on sitting behind the desk. "Excuse me?"
Obviously irritated she replies "What?" "Um I'm new here"
"Name?"
"Scarlett Allison Demanio"
"Here" she says as she hands me a schedule. Okay first class, Bio with Mrs. Sravine, Room 324. "Wow this is a huge school"
All of the sudden I here someone behind me. I walk faster just as I hear "Excuse me" I turn around to find a tall brunette, muscular guy standing behind me, staring. "Uh-Um can i uh help you?" " Yeah, you new? I would've remembered that face if I'd seen it before, Let me introduce myself. My name is Cody Ruvty. I'm a sophomore here. What grade you in?"
"Oh um sophomore, hey do you know where to find Room 324?"
" Can I see your schedule?"
I hand him the paper in my hand.
" Hey our schedules are the same. If you don't mind I'd be honored to show you around the school."
He hands me the paper back and I just nod my head and follow him down multiple hallways. We finally reach Bio but we are late. Cody says to Mrs.Sravine "Hey Mrs. S, she is new and lost and I was lucky I ran into her to help her find her way."
"Go take your seat Cody." He goes to a seat in the back.
"What is your name dear?"
Cody shouts from the back "Oh yeah I didn't catch your name, what is it?"
"Scarlett Demanio"
" Well Scarlett, since you've already met Cody go take the seat next to him" This day might not be so horrible after all