Chapter Eleven

Ch. 11
-Frank's POV-

Everyone at home knew about Gerard. Everyone tried to be as cheerful as they could for him, but to no avail. Mrs. Way was here all the time. Gerard had started to get  portable chemotherapy, and unfortunately it made him sick… really sick. He spent a lot of time in bed or in the bathroom. He barely ate anything, and it killed me to watch him become so helpless.

He was so pale and thin now. If I didn't know the chemo was going to help him, I surely would of thought it would kill him. His beautiful black hair started to fall out now too.

I could hear him in the bathroom throwing up what little food he did eat today. I walked to the bathroom door and knocked softly.

"Gerard? Can I come in?" I asked softly. There was no answer, but I went in anyway. He was hunched over the toilet, resting his head on his arms, and sobbing softly. I walked up behind him and rubbed his back softly.

"Frank… I - I can't do this anymore" he cried, looking up at me with pink puffy eyes, and tear stained cheeks. He turned his head, and continued throwing up. I rubbed his head softly, and then gasped as a chunk of his hair came off into my hand.

"What is it?" He asked, and wiped his mouth

"It's nothing, baby." I said softly, throwing his hair away.

"Frank… I don't want to do this anymore. I want it to stop." He begged. I wanted nothing more than to ease all his pain.

"I know, but It's for the better. Just hold on a little bit longer, Gerard." I coaxed him. He shook his head.

" I- I don't know if I can." He said, his voice cracking.

"You can. I'll be right here with you." I vowed, and he hugged me tight.

A few days later Gerard had his doctor's appointment. They took out the chemo, and did a few blood tests. I went with him, supporting him the best I could.

When we got home he was pretty tired, so he went to bed. I sat out on the couch, my head back, and my eyes shut tight. I heard someone come into the living room.

"Hey." I looked up to see Ray.

"Hey." I said.

"How are you holding up?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I'm more worried about Gerard than myself." I said, and he nodded, and took a seat next to me.

"We all are. I just wish there was more we could do for him." He said.

"It's hard on him, but you know.. Hopefully this round of chemo took care of it." I tried staying positive, and Ray agreed.

"I love him, Ray." I said, tears in my eyes. He pulled me into a hug.

"I know you do, Frankie. It'll be okay." he reassured me.
----------