Chapter Three

Three months later

  Over the past few months I've been here I've kinda came up with a little routine, wake up, eat, fly around, eat, then sleep. Boring yes, productive? Not really.

  One day I woke up, ate, and hung out chatting to some of the different dragons when a large earthquake happened. A large part of the wall broke off and one of the cages broke. The freed wyrm then went and opened everyone's cages, even the much hated hydras.

  The Wyrms and darkest seemed to have lost the ability to mind speak so one of the water dragons yelled "fly!" Into our heads.

  All of the dragons took off while the hydras jumped and ran under us. There were ufos and tanks lining the sky and ground as we ran. One of the feathered dragons screamed as one of the yellow beams passed over her. She was fine but fainted out of fear.

  Luckily one of the Wyrms grabbed her and carried her with use to a quite large park.

~~Time skip; 7 years~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I was lying on a smooth stone on the middle of a pond with some water dragons in it with my guardian Jonathon flying above me ready to grab and drag me away from any dangers or aliens.

  "What's it like to be a super intelligent being that can't talk or mind speak?" I asked him, luckily there was a short class that taught everyone sign language so the drakes and Wyrms could talk.

  It feels like I'm the quiet kid as the back of the room but being forced to guard the most popular kid in the school. He signed. "Sucks to be you, at least I can talk and not have to worry about dangers."

  I can easily hurt you you know, he signed as he spun me around with a mini tornado.

  "But you aren't allowed to~" I chimed. The sun was getting hot on my back so I went to my large tree hollow. It was required for us so our guardians can block the entrance at night to prevent enemies from getting in. Then I took a nap.

  I woke up the the sound of panicking dragons  in the mind link. I ran out and flew to were the danger was with Jonathan close behind. It was a strange black drake looking creature and before I attacked it John grabbed me and pulled me away like the rest of the guardians.

  It soon went into seizures and died. Jonathan then released me and I made a break for it and flew away at speeds normally not reached by us. I saw one of the aliens and dive bombed his arm and wouldn't let go.

  Jonathan when he finally caught up looked kinda mad, kinda was an understatement, he was furious. He dived towards me shocking the poor alien and lifted me off with a guest of wind. He had me in the tornado until  we got home, then he blocked me from leaving.

  "You're such a party pooper John, why won't you or the other "guardians" let us bond with one of them?" I yelled at him.

  He winced before replying, it's for your own safety, who knows how those aliens will treat you. With the increased habit of trying to bond with every creature you see, it doesn't make my job any easier. He sat there for a moment before moving so I could leave if I wanted.