day one

It was a normal practice session for the volleyball team of Karasuno. Nothing abnormal - because Hinata and Kageyama constant bickering has become a normal thing - really, nothing was wrong with the practice. Totally normal!

Until Hinata, who was in the air - ready to spike a ball being tossed to him, noticed a figure standing next to Yachi.

A male - an unfamiliar male - wearing Karasuno's school uniform, he looked kind of... lost and confused, but still attractive in his own ways. He was looking around the gym with his hands behind his back. His eyes then met Hinata's.

Oh, the first year could've sworn his heart jumped out of his chest when their gaze clashed.

It was painful.

God, no, not how they were gazing at each other that was painful - the ball that hit his face was painful.

With a yelp, Hinata fell down to the floor while holding his face. Ignoring Kageyama who was complaining about whatever, perhaps about how Hinata lost in his own world when he was in the air, he rushed to stand up and looked around the gym.

Everyone was bewildered by this behavior since usually he would instantly apologize to Kageyama, or fight him, either way his reaction was not the usual.

"Are you okay?" The concern in Sugawara's voice was evident as the male jogged over to the younger, examining the side of Hinata's face that had turned red from the impact before.

Hinata, still confused because the figure that stole his attention dissapeared, turned to Sugawara with a frown.

"Do we have a new member? Or manager? He was standing next to Yachi!"

Yachi flinched, she was sure - a thousand percent - that she was standing next to Shimizu and just Shimizu.

"No... it could be someone who was checking the club, or someone... lost." Hinata frowned at the uncertainty in Sugawara's answer. He looked over to Yachi, then to the door that was left slightly ajar.

"Maybe... he did look a bit lost. Maybe he's new."

---

Shimizu turned to Yachi, a questioning look on her face and the short blonde didn't have to ask what was wrong to know the question.

"I- there was nobody next to my left... I should- I would know if there is someone entering the gym."

Shimizu seemed conflicted at the answer. Not because it was wrong, rather because it was right. Even she would notice if someone entered the gym, let alone joining the managers to watch the practice.

Hinata must've been exhausted that he started to hallucinate of someone mysterious; at least that's what everyone believed.

Everyone except Kageyama.