𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹

We've all heard it. You don't realize how much you love something until you lose it.

You didn't lose him yet... but what if you did.

What if you do.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

I closed the door behind me as I walked out the door with Katsuki. 

It was a nice morning, a little chilly, but nice. 

"What's your hero name gonna be, Katsuki?" I ask. 

He looks down at me, "You'll know when we get to class." 

I giggle and wrap my arm around his, "It's probably stupid." 

"Is not! It's awesome as hell, you'll see!" 

I laugh and rub his back, "Sure, whatever you say."

I could still feel the outline of the muscles I traced last night. 

I could still feel the fear of my dream too. 

When I was with my uncle, I had nightmares nearly every night like that. I would watch people die in front of me in a cold room that was like the one I stayed in.

I never knew what would happen in that room, I never knew who would come in. Every time the heavy door creaked, I hoped it was uncle. A couple of times it was a tall man with a mask on, I don't really remember what he looked like, only how afraid I was of him. My mom also came through that door once, but as soon as I realized it was her I turned. No matter what she did to get my attention, I kept my eye contact with the ground beneath me rather than with her eyes. I could never look at her the same, let alone look at her at all. 

While I was in that room, I realized that you can never feel less wanted than when someone you used to love so much let you go so easily. 

My face fell. The amount of times the woman told me that what she did was for my own good. She always tried to convince me that things would come out positive for me. What she doesn't realize is that the only reason my life is positive right now is because of the heroes that saved me from her and my uncle. My idea of positive was never the same as hers. 

"Oi, the hell are you looking so gloomy for?" 

I look up at Katsuki, "Hm? Nothing! Nothing really." 

He raises his eyebrow, "Don't lie." 

I give him a nervous smirk, "N-no, I'm really okay!" 

He grabbed my hand and looked forward at the school ahead of us, "You can trust me with anything. Know that." 

You nodded and gave a small "mhm". 

That was harder for him to say than you knew. On the inside, he really hoped you could trust him. He doesn't quite know if you felt that you could. As time goes, he will learn, but he never thought about that. 

He wants to be able to save you, to care for you, and to love you in the best way possible. He wanted you to trust that he would do those things for you because that was his plan. His intentions are to be by your side and to keep it that way, but he can never tell you that. 

He wants to, but he can't. He wants you to know that he will never leave, but he doesn't know how to say it. 

Katsuki wishes he could reassure that he won't let you go. That he will make sure you're okay whenever possible. 

However, he also didn't realize how hard it was for you to trust him. You love him, no doubt. Trust is something that comes hard to master for you. 

When two people with communication issues, but such intense feelings mix... it doesn't always turn out good for anyone. Especially themselves. 

The early morning sunlight shined on the windows of the school. Walking through the arch that read 'UA', Bakugou and I walked into class. 

Mina jumped at me, "You two are so cute! Y/n, I never thought of you to be the lovey dovey type, and well Bakugou..." 

The boy growled and rolled his eyes as he let go of my hand to walk to his desk. 

I laughed, "He's a big softie." 

"Shut it!" He yelled.

I sat in my seat as Mina followed me, "Spill the deets." 

"What deets?" 

"Well, what makes him so soft? He has so many muscles and he's so... scary..." She whispered. 

I giggle, "His muscles are sure something aren't they." 

"Woah! PG! I don't wanna know those deets." 

I facepalm, "It's not. Like that," I shake my head, "Anyways, we cuddle all the time, he likes to wrap his arms around me and lay on my chest." 

"Wait that's adorable. I'm jealous."

"You should be." I say. 

Mina laughs, "I see how it is."

"Alright, everyone in your seats. You guys will be choosing your hero names, with the help of Pro Hero Midnight's critique." 

I laughed as Mina huffed and walked to her desk. I look to the front of the class to look at Aizawa. As Midnight walks in, she looks at me and gives me a small wave. I smile and wave back. 

Aizawa clears his throat, "These are the names that people you save will know you by.Make sure the name you choose is respectable and appropriate. When you've thought if a hero name, come up to the front of the class and write it on the whiteboard you'll see when you come up here." 

"I'll be here to approve and critique you're hero names! Have fun with this!" Midnight said.

After a little bit, people walked up to announce their names. Tsu chose Froppy, Uraraka chose Uravity, and Midoriya chose Deku. 

I had been thinking about this for a while now, on my free time that's what I do. 

I walked up to the small podium and wrote my hero name down on the whiteboard that sat on it. 

"Chain hero: Kusari" I read. 

Midnight rested a finger on her chin, "It's simple and really rolls off the tongue. Plus, you're quirk is the focus around it. I love it!" 

I smile and walk back to my desk. Bakugou then walks up to the podium and writes his hero name.

"Lord Explosion murderer." He read. 

I burst into laughter and cover my mouth, "That was the awesome name you were thinking about?!"