The Chat

Hermione flopped her book bag down on the table next to Harry with a loud huff, "You ok there 'Mione?" He turned to her with that lopsided smile.

She smiled back although it looked more like a grimace. "Not really Harry. If this keeps up we're gonna have to ask Mcgonagall for separate chambers from the rest of the house."

Harry's eyes darkened a bit. "What they do this time?" She sighed. "I'm once again having to replace all my Parchment, ink and quills. I'm on my last galleons already and we're only 3 weeks into the year. I can't keep this up Harry. And you and Neville aren't faring better in the boys dorms either."

He grabbed her in a one arm hug. "Just give me your list. I'll take care of it." She tried to protest but he reasoned that he had enough money to do so and he had no one to spend it on and she was the Closest thing to a sister he had.

In the end she just smiled and handed him the list of things she needed replacing. Ever since that night his name came out of the Goblet, Ron had someone managed to turn the entire Gryffindor house against Harry save for Hermione, the twins and Neville.

They had kept it secret from everyone, But Harry had never returned to the Dursleys last summer. Mcgonagall and overheard him and Hermione talking about what happened over the last two summers he had to go home. When she called them into her office, they had explained that he had talked to Dumbledore since first year but the headmaster had merely said he was over reacting and that they would never hurt him and he had to go back.

She had run a full diagnostic scan and when the Parchment showed his extensive injuries she had told him he won't ever be returning to them ever again. He was to wait on the platform for with Hermione until her parents showed up and then head home with them where she would pick him up and they'd move over to Gringotts to have his guardianship transferred to her.

Harry had cried tears of relief and they had both had quite a big shock when the normally strict Transfiguration mistress had swept him into a hug and told him that he never had to worry about Dumbledore meddling in his home life again but that they had to keep it under wraps for now until everything was legally sorted and he couldn't force Harry back there.

She had then written a missive to the Dursleys with a compulsion charm on it which forced them to sign over custody to her and when she picked Harry up from the Grangers they had immediately apparated over to diagon Alley. When they had reached the bank is when chaos ensued.

What followed was the reading of the Potter Wills which had been sealed by Dumbledore in which was stated that she was one of Harry's Godmother's. That Harry was never meant to go to the Dursleys and in which was told that Sirius wasn't their secret keeper.

The irate Scottish Head of Gryffindor house had used some colorful words in regards to what she thought of and wanted to do to the aged headmaster.

Harry had been both shocked and somewhat amused at her wording and had developed a weariness of spoons after that.

They had moved on to his inheritance and were both shocked that he had quite a few vaults and was the last of a few familial lines that held power and prestige in both England and Europe.

He had claimed the Heir rings and they went through his Vault transcripts before she proceeded to again use some colorful language towards the old coot when they discovered he had been using funds from one of the smaller Potter accounts towards himself and the Order of the flaming chickens, as well as money transfers into the Vaults of Molly Weasley and Ron Weasley. And that there was an illegal marriage contract between Ginerva Weasley and himself. Curtousy of one Molly Weasley and Albus Dumbledore.

Harry had be furious. He had wanted to get the money back but Mcgonagall advised him to leave Albus access to that vault for now as to not draw suspicion. They discovered he had quite a few properties in France and even a large Hotel in the French Shopping district of La sorciere.