9: First day of school

As Mark drove the two girls to school, silence had ensued. The vulnerability and compassion that they had found themselves in just two hours earlier were long gone, as they had searched for anything to argue about. Katya had regretted getting so emotional, and had, just after a peaceful breakfast, called Trixie lazy after she had suggested getting Mark to drive them. It was a stupid fight, but Katya's plan to remind Trixie that they were not actually friends had evidently worked, as Trixie had called her driver soon after and left the building with a harsh glare and a loud slam of the door. 

Katya knew that the argument was stupid and unnecessary, which is exactly what Bianca had told her when she, in a fit of rage, had called her to rant. Why she had started an argument? The Russian could only guess. Fear of Trixie thinking that she was weak? Fear of Trixie thinking that she was helpless? A crybaby? A worthless, anxiety-ridden, ex-drug addict? Katya had seen her own insecurities in the form of Trixie, and that terrified her. The barbie had not done anything wrong, in hindsight, but Katya could not let anyone see how beaten down she was. No one was allowed to have leverage on her, and therefore she had to remind Trixie that she was stronger than the doll. She did not need her sympathy. 

She did not need her love.

When Trixie had entered the apartment again, five minutes after she had slammed the door, Katya was sitting by the kitchen island with her head on the table, overthinking as per usual after getting off the phone with Bianca. When she heard the door open, her head had immediately whipped up.

"I'm not going to let your stupidity and inability to be a decent person get in the way of you getting a free ride to school. Besides, we have school in half an hour, and without a ride, you'll be late."

"Well, well, well. Look who cares about me, huh?"

"Don't flatter yourself. We're leaving in ten minutes. Be ready."

"Whatever you say baby girl", Katya had said smugly, a sly grin adorning her face. She had swiftly hopped off of the barstool and sloppily gulped down the rest of her coffee. Trixie's face had a look of surprise mixed with disgust on it, and Katya had held piercing eye contact with her before putting the cup down, and slowly wiping up the liquid that had trickled down her chin with her thumb. The Russian used her tongue to wipe the coffee off of her finger, before putting it in her mouth and releasing it with a pop. Trixie had quickly gone from composed to a blushing mess, with her jaw agape, and Katya relished in the knowledge that Trixie's reaction was her doing. 

The Russian had hurried out to her room to take a quick shower, before smearing some black eyeshadow on her lids and red lipstick on her lips. She had opted for a pair of black fishnets and a red plaid skirt, with a black tank top and a blue denim flannel. 

Now, the two blondes were sitting in the car with their respective music streaming through their headphones. Katya thought Trixie perfectly mirrored the image of a malibu barbie, with her pastel pink flowy dress and curly, golden blonde hair cascading down her chest. Her head was laid against the window, slightly facing Katya, with her eyes shut. A smile tugged at the Russian's lips as she viewed Trixie, and she could not help but get out her sketchbook to make a quick outline of the doll's face. 

Trixie could feel Katya's eyes on her, but kept her own shut, almost falling asleep to Leonard Cohen's somber voice. When Mark, ten minutes later, announced that they had arrived, her eyes fluttered open, and saw Katya hastily slam some sort of book shut and shove it into her bag before thanking Mark and abruptly getting out of the car. 

"Well. That was interesting", Mark concluded.

"What was?"

"The tension between you and your roommate."

"Okay well, that's my cue", she sighed. Mark chuckled at her and turned his head to face her.

"You know I'm only teasing, Trixie. Now go rule them halls diva."

"Oh god, you're so gay", she giggled, stepping out of the car and making her way inside of the school.

Once at her locker, she met up with Kim since both Adore and Pearl were in lessons. 

"Girl you have to tell me everything!"

"There's really nothing interesting to mention, Kimberly."

"Bullshit Beatrice, and you know it! You're roommates with you're enemy for christ's sake!"

"Calm down, calm down. She's not my enemy, just a nuisance. But I will tell you, calm your tits."

"Go on then!"

"Well, not now obviously! I'll tell you tonight. You, me, Pearl, and Adore?"

"Perfect!"

Since Kim had a free period, Trixie decided to join her before her own class, and they went to the music room, where they often hung out and practiced. Trixie, singing, and Kim playing the piano.

***

Art class. 09:00. Katya's favorite class. She had grabbed her usual seat next to Violet, who had started early and was currently sketching an outline of a dress which she would give to Bianca to make for her. Katya kept looking between the door and Violet's garment, wondering when Trixie would enter. 

09:05- Start of class, no sign of the barbie.

09:10- "I finished the dress! Should I add some glitter?". Still no Trixie.

09:15- "Okay class, today I would like you to choose an art style of your liking and produce a painting representing it." Where is she?

09:40- As the door burst open Trixie was faced with curious looks of her classmates and a disapproving one of her teacher. She looked around and found Katya, who was seemingly unbothered, as she was the only one who was not staring at the doll.

"God, I'm so sorry I'm late, I lost track of time I-"

"Take a seat, Ms. Mattel. Your painting will not be satisfactory, I presume, but get Katya to help you." 

Katya let out a small, barely audible, giggle and looked up, smirking at Trixie. Most of the students had returned to their paintings, and the teacher stared at her with anticipation, so, she speedwalk to Katya's table and sat down swiftly. 

"Look who decided to show up, huh детка? Did the principal really not scare you at all? Or are you deliberately trying to spend more time with me, ангел?"

"Oh shut up Katya, I got stuck in the music room. What are we doing?"

"You have to paint a painting in a style that you like, basically. I'm assuming you have a favorite style?"

"Victorian." 

"Predictable."

"What-"

"Now, now, barbie, don't get upset. I'm also assuming that you know how to paint?"

"God, you're a bitch. Yes, I know how to paint, thank you very much."

"Great, then don't disturb me. I'll be listening to my Alla Pugacheva."

"Whatever".

***

The rest of the day passed by slowly, and the two girls avoided each other as much as they could, either arguing or ignoring each other during lessons. Besides this, however, there was an underlying tension between them, which they both would notice here and there. There would be a second of eye contact which would leave them both blushing. Holding in breaths as they felt the other one looking at them. Constantly thinking about how pretty the other one was, or how nice they smell. 

It was electrifying. 

And they both wanted more.

Hi sluts!
Look at me giving y'all a new chapter, hope y'all enjoy!

xx, Maja<3