bonus chapter 3:

His hand rests easily on the small of my back. Even after being together for three years, he's still the most attentive gentleman. I take a deep breath, calming my racing nerves. Usually, when he puts a blindfold over my eyes, it's a completely different situation and definitely not in public. It's not like we are going to see any of these people again, since we are in Marseille, France. 

For our three-year anniversary, Clay wanted to take me on a destination adventure. I'm an author, having published ten books so far, so I can go wherever I want as long as I continue to write. Five of them are an adult erotica series that can also be read as stand-alones - which I'm continuing in my book writing now - and the other five are a series of young adult fantasy novels based around werewolves. 

And my boyfriend, being able to take off work with his company and Special Civilian Services, was able to get us to France. We've been here for about six days, but I'm already beginning to feel a bit homesick. I don't like to be away from our home for long. Especially now that we have two dogs together. I hate to leave them alone for a long time. Which is why I love working from home.

He rests his hands on my hips, squeezing them reassuringly. Of course, with the idea that we came to one of the most dangerous in France, I am a little worried about having a blindfold on in public. He has to bolster my confidence in him every thirty minutes and remind me about the four bodyguards that follow us everywhere. 

He kisses my neck softly, his one hand reaching to untie the blindfold. I suck in a breath as I glance around at where we are. The Palais Longchamp. I had been waiting to come here since the moment we got here, but he wanted to check out the smaller sights first. 

I didn't understand, but now I get it, it was the perfect way to end our trip. We are leaving tonight. 

He cradles me against him as I flick my eyes around the beauty of the fountain. His touch leaves mine, and I sneak a glimpse behind me to see that he's on one knee, a ring in hand. My mouth drops open as I fully turn around, my soul practically jumping out of my body.

"I love you. I have loved you since the moment I saw you. You mean more to me than anything in this world. I was lost without you, and when I needed you most, you saved me. And I'm so fucking in love with you. Everything about you. So Riley Andrea Matthews, will you please do my great honor and pleasure of becoming my wife?"

"Yes. Oh my gosh, yes."

I squeal in surprise as he lifts me into his arms, tears gathering in his eyes. I am quickly set on the ground, and he slides the ring perfectly onto my left-hand ring finger. He presses his lips against mine, happiness surrounding me. 

At one point in my life, I believed no one would want to be with me, but he wasn't the only one who was saved. I needed him in more ways than either of us can even imagine or fully know and understand. I am no longer the girl that felt tired and alone, he has brought me back to life.

Being with him is the best thing that has ever happened to me. 

I'm positive that our future holds ups and downs, but I'm ready to face them. I'm ready to be his wife. I'm so freaking excited. His hand gently caresses my face, his lips meeting my forehead. I gaze into his hazel eyes, feeling at home within them.

"Are you hungry, peaches?"

"I could eat."

He nods his head, wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Saying yes."

"There was no other answer."

Clay chuckles, and with another kiss placed on my neck, we walk down the street of Marseille - hand in hand. How did I get so lucky? I press my lips on his cheek, tugging him closer to my side. I hold onto his bicep and gaze up quickly at the stars above us. I take in his warmth, melting like a candle in his light.