Chapter 3

It’s been fifteen minutes later than usual when Lea finally reaches her office lobby. Everyone at work knows her to be never late but aching in places that hasn't be used in a long time, she has taken the liberty of spending a few extra minutes to get ready. Not that she's complaining. Waking up with Aga for the first time in six years has definitely given a good jumpstart to her morning.

She knows she probably shouldn't have put up at literally the first glance of him in six years, but apparently, she missed him more than she thought. It also doesn't help that they never really had a falling out, no bad blood left between the two of them. So when she saw him, it felt like everything just kind of fell into place.

Lost in thought, she strides hurriedly through the entrance, absentmindedly greeting a few of her colleagues as they walk by her. Passing by the reception, her name being mentioned catches her attention.

“Hi, yes. I'm looking for Engr. Azalea Mendoza.” A familiar male voice speaks.

Curiosity piqued, she walks to the desk to see who is looking for her. Most likely, he's the new architect their boss hired and never told her about. She makes her way to them. Mia, the receptionist, notices her approach and allows her to talk to the guy directly instead of responding to his question.

“That’s me.” She chimes in. “How can I help—Aga?” She halts in her tracks when she realizes who it is. At a loss for words, she stands motionless as she tries to put together what in the world is happening.

“What are you doing here?” She finally gets out when she is recovered from her shock.

He grins at her sheepishly, extending a hand for her to shake. “Hi. I'm Architect Reagan Mendoza. Mr. Lee called yesterday about me. I'll be your new head architect.”

Her brow rises in its own accord, her mouth opening and then closing but no sound comes out.

The bastard.

“Excuse me?” She doesn't know what to say. Is this supposed to surprise her? Yes, they did kind of agree to try fixing their relationship but this is not part of the plan.

“We’re going to be working together.” He declares happily, his smile not leaving his face. Does he seriously find this situation entertaining?

She ignores that and rather turns to Mia who now looks a little too interested at their exchange. “I can take it from here, Mia. Thank you.” She then turns back to him and fixes him a sharp look as if manifesting actual daggers to shoot from her eyes.

“Follow me.” She commands, walking away without checking to see if he's following. He better be because she doesn't know what it's gonna look to other people if they catch their manager dragging their new head architect by the ear.

She enters the elevator and he steps in behind her, thankfully silent until they reach her floor. They pass a confused Regina who gives her a questioning look, but she just shakes her head and leads Aga straight into her office.

“Sit.” She tells him, pointing to her visitor chair while she walks around the desk. She sees him purse his lips at the command and she knows he's trying to hold himself back from cracking innuendos about her bossing him around in this inappropriate time.

“What are you doing here?” She takes a seat on her swivel. Hands folded on the table, she waits for him to explain.

“Funny story.” He chuckles nervously, scratching his head. “I didn't know we're working under the same company until about a month ago.”

“And, having known that, you just what? Decide to come home, seduce your ex-wife and screw up her life?” She accuses.

He looks offended at her comment. “Ganyan ba ka babaw ang tingin mo sa'kin? Does that mean you're easy?”