Chapter 46

-Nora POV-

"Come on! Finish it!" shouted Jean and I saw Falco on the ground.
'You were supposed to get away!'
Jean went after the Titan.

"Don't shoot!" shouted Falco. "Leave Pieck alone!"
"Jean! Watch out for the kid!" I shouted and Jean missed...
Steam came out of the Titan, which saved Falco.

"The Cart-Titan is still alive!" shouted Connie.
I saw the officer who called me Sarah, kill one of our soldiers. He and his men were protecting the Cart-Titan.
"Fall back!" I shouted. "Take cover!"

I looked eyes with the officer, who didn't try to take a shot at me. We both wanted this to be over...
I heard the airship and smiled.
'Our ride home is here...'

"Jean, Nora. It's here" said Connie.
"Yeah, it's right on time" said Jean.
"I can't wait to go home" I whispered and Sasha laid her hand on my shoulder.

"We'll be home soon" she said and I smiled.
But my smile faded when I saw that Eren took up the Jaw-Titan, and used his teeth to crush the Warhammer-Titan.
"You've got to be kidding me..." I said.

Eren ate the Warhammer-Titan...
And that wasn't enough, he was going to eat the Jaw-Titan too..
'Come on, Reiner. Wake up, you idiot. Stop him...'
I heard Falco's voice, he was shouting together with the girl, Gabi, for Reiner...

A bright light appeared and finally, we saw Reiner.
But he looked tired, he looked like he wouldn't be able to fight for long...
'Come on, Reiner. Stop him from killing more people'

But I was right, Reiner wasn't able to fight. All it took was one punch.
But it was enough, Eren got out of his Titan and Mikasa took him to the airship.
We all used our ODM-gear to get onto the airship.

Armin helped me inside and I hugged him the moment I could.
"You're okay" I whispered and he hugged me back.
"Of course I'm okay" he whispered. "You're back late, you were supposed to come back with Captain Levi. What happened?"

"Saved a kid" I whispered. "Reiner saved him and I just brought him to safety. But, Armin. One of the officers knew my mom"
"What do you mean?" he asked.
"He called me Sarah" I said and he widened his eyes. "We can talk about this later, where is Eren? I want to kick his ass"

~

I walked into the room where Eren and Zeke were.
"Hello, Nora" said Eren.
"So, this is Levi's little girl" said Zeke.
"Shut up" said dad and I at the same time.

"Mikasa" I said and she looked at me. "Don't kick me for this"
I kicked Eren to the other side of the room and I saw that Armin held back Mikasa.
"You freaking bastard. Do you have any idea what you have done?" I shouted.

"Heh, like father like daughter" said Zeke.
"And don't get me started on you! You hairy monkey!" I shouted and kicked him in the face.
"Heh, I see you have the insults of your mother" said Zeke and I frowned. "You do look a lot like her. Can't believe Sarah actually went for a shorty like you, Levi"

"I do not want to hear any more lies from your mouth" I said and walked to Armin and Mikasa. "Sorry, Mikasa"
She stayed silent and I looked at Armin who took my hand.
I was happy he was okay, that all of our friends were okay...

"Hey" said dad to Yelena. "How long are you gonna make me look at that thing?"
She took off her fake beard. "What's your problem? Everyone else likes it" she said.
We heard some ruckus in the room next door.

"Are they still celebrating our victory?" said dad.
"If you can call this victory" I said.
The door went open and Jean came in with Gabi and Falco, they were beaten up. But their faces went pale when they saw Zeke.

"Gabi? Falco? How did you get here?" asked Zeke.
"What about you?" said Falco. "We thought that you were dead"
"They took you alive?" said Gabi. "But how is that possible? Why would you let them?"

"Who the hell are these kids?" asked dad.
"They somehow killed Lobov and then used his gear to climb aboard" said Jean. "This one shot Sasha before we could catch her" he pointed at Gabi and our faces went pale.
'No... not Sasha... please...'

"I... don't think she's gonna make it" said Jean.
Mikasa, Armin and I ran to the other room where Sasha was lying on the ground. Not moving...

She wasn't breathing... she wasn't moving... I screamed and I cried over her body and Armin took me in his arms. I felt him sob and cry as well.
I held on to Armin, he was my lifeline. He held me tight and covered his face in my neck.
'Sasha is gone...' I was screaming, crying... 'Why did Sasha have to die?'

~

I walked back inside and looked at the kids.
"Yelena, can you give me that first aid kit?" I asked and she gave me the first aid kit. "Falco, Gabi. Sit down. We should treat those wounds before they get infected"
Falco listened to me, but Gabi didn't.

"Gabi, you know she's not going to hurt us. Reiner trusts her" said Falco and Gabi sat down reluctantly.
"Thank you, Falco" I said and kneeled down in front of them. I quickly dried my tears and began treating Gabi first, since she was hurt the worst. "Also, what part of stay safe didn't you understand?"

"I'm sorry, Miss Ackerman" he said. I knew he came because he couldn't let Gabi face us alone and I sighed.
"Call me Nora" I said. "You're not part of our military, so you don't have to call me by my last name"

"Auw" said Gabi and she flinched.
"I'm sorry, I know it stings, but it'll be over soon" I said and put a band aid on her forehead. "It doesn't look like you'll need stitches"
"Why are you helping us?" she asked. "I shot your friend! You should hate me!"

"You two are kids" I began. "You did what you thought was right, it's what you were raised with. I can't blame you for that. I don't know you, so I can't hate you"
She was silent and I looked at Falco.

"Can you lift up your shirt? They kicked you, right?" I asked and he listened to me.
"Reiner told me, you were kind" said Gabi. "That one of your parents must've been from Marley"

"Maybe, I don't know" I said. "My dad isn't. My mom died when I was born. This might hurt a bit" I warned Falco and he tried not to show his pain.
"Thank you" he said when I was done and I just walked away.

~

When we arrived home, my grandfather was waiting for me at the landing site.
I hugged him and I was home...
"Nora?" said grandpa and I just kept hugging him. I couldn't get the image of Sasha lying dead on the floor out of my head.

"It's nothing, grandpa" I lied. "I'm just happy to be home"
"I'm happy you're home too, my little angel" he said and greeted the other soldiers.
My dad had to keep an eye on Zeke so I quickly ran to him before he left to the forest.

"Elly" he said and I just hugged him.
"Stay safe, dad" I whispered and he hugged me back.
"You too, Eleanor" he said and left with Zeke and a few Scouts.

Armin held my hand as I watched my dad ride off.
"Was it all worth it?" I asked. "All the death and chaos we caused. Was it worth it?"
"I don't know" he answered honestly.
A tear fell down my cheek as I tried to hold myself together...