chapter eight

texting n.h

chapter 8

Who would have known that the guy from the party would be the one who I was in the art competition with. He was just a great artist and I was certain that he was going to win. He puts so much detail into his drawings and they’re just so beautiful. Way better than mine.

I looked back at my art book and the quick sketch of a guy sitting on his bed, texting on his phone, his face was covered so no one knew who it was. I guess it kind of relates to me because I’m texting some stranger and I don’t know who it is, boy or girl, I still don’t know.

I started shading in my drawing, adding colors in when I needed too.

I liked it a lot, it was actually such a good drawing. It sounds rubbish when I’m trying to explain it, but if you actually did see it then you would know it was a pretty good drawing, I’m not blowing my own trumpet or anything am I?

I felt someone sit in the chair beside me. I stopped what I was doing and looked up to see Niall sitting there with a slight smile on his face.

“I didn’t know that you could draw” he smiled.

“There’s a lot of things you don’t know about me” I laughed.

“How long have you been drawing for?” he asked.

“Since I was little, I mean every kid colors in and what not when they’re younger, but I guess I just stuck to it and started drawing in most of my spare time, what about you?” I questioned.

“Same to be honest, I think it’s great that we’ve stuck to something, not everyone can do that because they get bored easily” he laughed.

“Yeah, I don’t think I could just stop drawing, its my life” I muttered whilst shading in my drawing.

“Me too, I guess we’ll be seeing more of each other for the next couple of weeks, seen as we’re both in the competition” he grinned.

“I guess so” I said.

“Is that going to be your main piece?” he asked.

“I don’t know what I want to do if I’m being completely honest” I snorted.

“Yeh, me neither, I don’t think I have any inspiration what so ever” he muttered, glaring at the table.

“You’ll find it somewhere, deep, deep down” I laughed.

“I better go start my work anyways” Niall said before walking to the other side of the room where his sketch book was.

I looked down at my page, wanting nothing more to rip it out of my book because I thought the judges would think it was boring, I didn’t though, I left it in my book and went to a fresh page. I turned the book portrait round and started drawing a girl, sitting on the floor, she had lovely pink hair and tattoos covering her arms. She was wearing a pair on black ripped jeans that were rolled up slightly and a baggy fall out boy vest top, she had on a pair of black vans. She had an ankle bracelet on which was rainbow colored, a few wristbands and a necklace. She wore her makeup with dark purple lipstick, black winged eyeliner and mascara.

By the end of the day I had that drawing completed and colored in and it looked alright, it wasn’t one of my best drawings but it was still a good one.