Chapter 5

Reference Collage^^^

This is insane!! This has over 100 reads! Thank you all so much I'm pretty excited for this story and I hope I can see it all the way through.

Oh also, my stance on Ziam irl:

I have no stance. I haven't done any research into it so I have absolutely no opinion on Ziam in real life. I've just always found Ziam in Larry fanfics to be adorable, so I added their relationship to my story :)

***

LOUIS

Louis bitterly trained his eyes on the head of curls. Neither of the two moved. The air grew thick as the tension rose.

"Hi?" Louis spoke with a resenting tone. The boy stepped out from behind the wall, showing the rest of his body. Taking his last step forward, he tripped, falling in Louis's direction.

"Oops," The boy mumbled as he caught himself on the bars of the cell. Louis contained a laugh with a smirk and watched as the stumbling boy stood up straight to properly face Louis.

"Okay, clumsy, you don't look like a guard," Louis stated, amused by the other boy's not-so-graceful tumble. It was difficult to make out all of the boy's features from where he stood in the dark, but the features Louis did catch were stunning. Soft brown curls sat on the boy's head accompanied by a sharp jawline. He took a moment to absorb whatever the light allowed. Louis almost wished he could see more of the boy. Hoping his scan of the person in front of him went unnoticed, Louis looked at the boy's eyes.

"Well, you don't look like the typical criminal," The boy replied. A long pause surrounded them. Louis cleared his throat to continue their conversation after watching the other boy's eyes skim over his face.

"Who are you, because there's no way you're a guard, mate." The boy shuffled, knowing Louis caught him staring for too long.

"I'm not a guard. I'm the Prince." Louis rolled his eyes and huffed out a breath.

"Okay, whoever did this shit is fucking evil," he whispered. "Today is going great, I'm taken prisoner and then I meet the most spoiled person I will ever meet in my entire life." The Prince's mouth hung open, showing that he had heard every word Louis said.

"You've never met me, so why are you making assumptions on the type of person I am?" The Prince questioned, sounding absolutely bewildered.

"I don't need to meet you to know that while you live in your fancy-ass castle with all your gold, there are suffering families that have nothing." Louis's irritation was growing at the pampered Prince.

"What do you mean suffering? The kingdom has the wealth to support everyone," Louis became engulfed in anger. Rage had finally overflowed, reaching every part of his body. Louis was surprised his skin wasn't glowing red and steam wasn't pouring from his ears.

"To support everyone? Really? The castle counts as everyone in the Styles Kingdom now? I wasn't fucking aware! If that's the case, then I guess I should tell my village to look for a more capable family to rule!" His rant echoed in the dungeon, causing the Prince to step back further, seeming wounded by what Louis was screaming.

"I- I don't know what you're talking about. My father is always busy with the kingdom. He works hard to maintain everything," the other boy ignorantly replied.

"If everything is so great, then why do we have to take money from your greedy asses so we can survive for a week on one loaf of bread?" Louis scoffed.