~Chapter 1~

My mom always told me that love was overrated, and obviously I believe her I mean ever since my dad died, she was helpless, and says that you should never fall in love because you're just gonna get your heart broken.

And so since then I've turned down every guy that's ever asked me out.

"Emma-Angel!" I heard my name being called from downstairs "Coming!" I shouted back to my mother as I ran out of my room down the stairs grabbing my backpack and skate board "Bye love you!" My mother yelled to me as I ran out the door "I love you too!" I shouted back to her.

Right now I was on my way to John B's place aka my best friend since birth.

I jumped off my skateboard as I walked into the château "hey!" John B shouted as we did our hand shake, and I sat on his counter "soooo we doin' anything today.." I said dragging out my words waiting for a response "um I was not planning to but yeah we can go pick up the others and head to the beach?" John B said rubbing the back of his neck.

"I can head to the wreak and pick up some food? I just got a shit tone of money from the shack." I said wiggling my eyebrows I worked at my dads old surf shack by the beach and technically I also own it.

"Yeah that's cool I'll invite Kie, Pope, and JJ over." John B said with a grin on his face "ok see you laterrrr" I said hoping off the counter grabbing my skate board saluting him on my way out.

As I walked into the Wreak I greeted Mr.Carrera "hey Emma how are you?" He asked as I walked inside the kitchen "doin' great thanks for asking Mr. Carrera" I said saluting him on my way to see Kiara my best friend since 6th grade.

"Hey girlie..." Kie said from behind me "heyyyy" I said back turning around and going to the sink to wash my hands because I was in a kitchen and I have manners I often helped Kie at the Wreak "I need you at John B's" I said again dragging my words out "Em.. I'm working." She said also dragging her words out "I also need 5 burgers and a strawberry milk shake.." I said in a sing song voice backing out of the kitchen "those are to go by the way!" I shouted laughing.

I handed Mr.Carrera $40 bucks for the meal "what's this for?" He said chuckling "oh that's for 5 burgers and a strawberry milk shake." I said winking and turning away to go out to the porch and wait for my food.

"Watch it Pogue!" A familiar voice shouted as I bumped into them "sorry" I said quietly before looking up and seeing Rafe Cameron I just rolled my eyes and pushed past him and his goons.

Rafe POV
As I was walking out from the porch of the Wreak with Topper, and Kelce when someone bumped into me seeing their out fit I could tell they were a pogue "watch it Pogue!" I shouted "sorry" I heard a fragile yet familiar voice and looked down to see Emma-Angel looking back up at me she just rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Wow what a bitch" Topper said from beside me "hey don't call her that" I said looking In his eyes I had to admit I did sort of fancy Emma I mean she's beautiful her brown hair that falls just below her shoulders and her honey brown eyes "what you still like her?" Topper said dragging me out of my thoughts "come on man she's a Pogue" Kelce said walking to the back seat of Toppers car and i got in the passengers side.

When we pulled up to the beach I saw Emma with John B, Kie, JJ, and Pope. All eating burgers and Emma had a strawberry milkshake just like my own.

Flashback
It was a hot summer day and Emma and I were at the beach with burgers and milkshakes from the Wreak god I loved this girl and she didn't even know it "I love you" I whispered to her not being able to hold my feelings back anymore "what" she said looking back up to me "I'm in love with you..." I said again this time in a clear voice. "Rafe I'm so sorry but..." she said looking down a tear falling from her face "I can't be with you.." she said looking back up at me and kissing me then pulling away and leaving just as the sun began to set it was to perfect of a day and the girl I love the most just left me..

End of Flashback

Emma POV
The pogues and I were at the beach when I was about to get up to surf I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around only to be met by Rafe Cameron's strawberry milkshake in my hair and all over my face.

"What the hell Rafe!" I heard Kiara yell from behind me, "it's fine Kie" I said looking up at Rafe "god what happened to you?!" I said to him before walking off.

A/n
Sorry it's short ! I just decided to make this today ! And I won't be going off the show I will only be using the characters ! As always don't forget to vote !! Love you! 💜