Ch.15 Reflection

A/N: Hey guys I'm back! I have taken an unannounced hiatus due to me starting college and I was feeling overwhelmed and wasn't capable to write. Thank you so much to being patient with me on this journey. I have vowed myself to update regularly, stick to the update schedule I have made for myself and bring new books for you to read.

-taesmaniandevil 💜

**Thoughts are in italics

It was the morning that Yoongi, Hoseok, Jungkook and Taehyung were to leave for the Lily Empire. They had their bags packed with items they would need, such as clothes, soap, weapons and an extra pair of shoes as they are unsure how long it will take them to accomplish their mission. They are also leaving with four other guards, so that they can give their horses back to the men once they arrive at the river, so they may return them to the royal stables. They were ready to go. Well, almost, Taehyung wasn't by the castle entrance.

Jungkook, Hoseok and Yoongi as well as the four extra guards are waiting by the gate of the palace, waiting for Taehyung to arrive.

"Where is that kid?", Yoongi asks. "We just got on good terms with him and this is what he pulls on us."

Jungkook was also having doubts about Taehyung, the previous lies still lingering in his mind, but he tries to push them way.

"Have some faith in him, he'll be here.", Hoseok reassures.

A couple of minutes later, they hear hooves plodding on the ground. In the distance they see Taehyung riding on Soonshim. Taehyung stops Soonshim once he gets to the group.

"I am so sorry for being late, Seokjin was trying to stuff my bag with snacks for the road and I had to argue with him telling him to stop putting in so many snacks because my bag was going to overfill. Then, I got to the stable and I realized I had to feed Soonshim before we left, so I had to get some horse feed and wait for Soonshim to finish eating and then I realized I forgot my bag in the kitchen with Jin. But alas, I made it, so let's go."

With that, Taehyung leaves the palace gates leaving the rest to follow him.

Taehyung is leading the group but suddenly stops Soonshim realizing that he doesn't really know his way around, as he was sheltered for practically all of his life. He waited for the rest to catch up to him so one of them can lead. Yoongi passed him and from there he led the group to the Lily Empire on the long voyage ahead of them.

After a 3 hour horse ride, the group ended up at a fork, the left returned back to the Lotus Empire, the middle was the main road and on the right led to the Lily Empire as was indicated by the sign that had a painting of a lily as well as an arrow pointing right.

Before they were to head to the right they got off their horses and gave it to the 4 extra guards that they brought along. They decided to get off early instead of riding all the way to the river as royal horses are quite obvious and are trying to keep this mission on the down low. The emperor of Lily was aware of Lotus' presence and mission but the people of the Lily Empire were not.

They walk about 30 minutes when they hear the rushing of water, indicating that they were close to the river. They walked a little more and shortly after arrived at the river. There they saw a man waiting by the entrance for vistors to pay their fees to get on the boat.

Yoongi approaches the man, "Party of four."

The man nods not really caring about who enters the empire, as long as they pay.

"That'll be 16 coins."

Yoongi rummages in his satchel looking for his money and gives the required amount. They walk towards the boats. Yoongi gets on, followed by Hoseok and Jungkook. Tae is next and is a bit hesitrant to get on the boat, scared to fall in the water. Jungkook notices the prince's hesitance and stretches his hand out, offering it to him. Taehyung takes Jungkook's hand and gets into the boat.