Chapter 2

A few weeks later it was the Winter Dance for Lawrence High. Castiel and Avilius were talking about who they would ask to the dance. 

"Dude, I dunno if I wanna ask Lisa or Billie," Avilius smirked. Castiel rolled his eyes. "I mean c'mon man they're cute right?" Avilius asked, Castiel had his mind on other things. 

"They're not my type Avilius," Castiel explained, but never made eye contact. 

"Cass, man you okay? You've been staring off since we left," Avilius was worried. Castiel didn't say anything. His mind was on Dean. The brown haired boy has yet to show up to school. "Castiel..?" Avilius tapped Castiel's shoulder. He jumped from Avilius' touch. 

"Oh sorry Avilius," Castiel finally looked at Avilius with nervous eyes. Avilius noticed how worried Castiel looked. "I think you should ask Billie out to the dance," Castiel looked Avilius in the eyes, then smiled vaguely. Broken ocean blue eyes were staring at Avilius, he was worried about Castiel. 

A familiar black '67 Chevy Impala pulled up to the school. Castiel's eyes lit up. Until he heard a scream from the Impala. 

"I DON'T WANNA BE ALIVE!!!!!" Dean screamed, tears were falling down his crimson red face. Dean got out and slammed the door. John drove away, swerving the car. Dean was on the ground crying, bandages torn, and glasses broken. Dean got up, leaving his glasses on the ground for a second.

Azazel stepped on Dean's glasses, breaking them more. 

"Oops! Sorry Winchester!" Azazel smirked. Dean looked back at Azazel, stood up all the way, and slid out a knife from his pocket. Dean unsheathed the knife and held it to Azazel's throat. 

"Now give me one good reason why I should let you live Azazel," Dean was scared of himself. 

"Dean! Stop!" Castiel yelled. Dean dropped the knife, then his knees buckled making him fall to the floor.

A kid named Eizekiel walked past, eventually making eye contact with Dean. Castiel whispered something then started comforting Dean. Dean had been scared, he'd been terrified of himself. The fact that a small 17 year old could pull a knife on a kid twice the size of him. 

Castiel was scared of Dean just as much as everyone else, but he cared about Dean too much. Azazel walked away scared shitless. Dean grabbed his broken glasses and walked away from Castiel. 

 ********************************************************************************************

The rest of the day Dean didn't say a word to Castiel. Cass was genuinely worried about Dean, he hadn't seen him at lunch (nor thought he ate), and didn't see him after school either. Dean had went home early to get away from Castiel. He threw up in the bathroom just to go home. Dean thought he couldn't see Castiel again because of that morning's incident

Dean laid on his bed with his door closed feeling like shit. He had an extra pair of glasses just in case Azazel broke his other ones. They had a black plastic rim with silver studs near the lenses. He put on the glasses and was amazed by how good they looked on him. It didn't change the fact that he felt like shit. 

Castiel walked to Dean's house and knocked. Dean ran down the stairs and unlocked the door and slowly opened it. 

"Dean?" Castiel was worried about the blonde. "I know Azazel scared you...but I can help," Dean scoffed.

"Right...Like you could help me," Dean said sarcastically, slowly closing the door. Castiel grabbed the door holding it open.

"Dean please," Castiel was desperate to help Dean. "Let me help you," Dean nodded and opened the door, letting Cass inside.