In The Meadow

Within a few days Sesshomaru and Bailey were busy in regards to putting the final touches together for their wedding. Tonight was their engagement ball and almost every guest had arrived. Excitement spread throughout the palace as the day went on. Every morning more and more boxes would arrive for Bailey from her unknown suitor angering Sesshomaru. Who would dare to keep sending these especially with the news spread throughout the lands of their upcoming wedding? Bailey was put at ease when Kagome, Inuyasha and the others arrived. Kagome, Sango and Rin all help with input on Bailey's dress. She had the seamstress make four different ones and modeled them before picking her favorite one. Bailey had chosen a spaghetti strap ballgown with a wedding cape instead of a veil. Rin and Sango were in awe of the style. "Were going to need flowers." Kagome and Rin insisted. "Ok then let's go gather some." Bailey replied taking a hold of Rin's hand. "I'll have to catch up soon. I have to put the girls down for a nap." Sango said waving them off. As they entered the gardens Rin looked over all the flowers. "These ones aren't as pretty as the ones in the meadow. Might we go there to get flowers?" Rin asked looking towards Bailey. Bailey smiled and shook her head taking a hold of Rin's hand. "I'll change then we'll go ok." Bailey said pulling her to the door. "I'll go get the guards." Rin said excitedly running off. Bailey rolled her eyes. "So. I heard you have a secret admirer." Kagome said smirking. "More like a creep. Who can't take no for an answer." Bailey sighed as she came out dressed in her usual attire. "You really compelled the seamstress to make you modern clothes?" Kagome asked grinning. "Yes. I wasn't going to wear kimonos all the time." She said walking to the door signaling Kagome to follow her. "Where is Rin?" Bailey asked coming up on a group of guards. One pointed and she turned following the direction the guard had pointed to see Sesshomaru and his mother. Letting out an irritated sigh she bowed her head to Sesshomaru's mother and approached them. "Good day to you." Bailey said with a dainty curtsey. Sesshomaru's mother gave a small smile. "It is good to see you again my dear. The last time I saw you, you insisted you two were not together, and here we are celebrating your hasty engagement." Inukimi said smirking. "Yes. Well if you'll excuse us Rin would like to go to the meadow to pick flowers." Bailey said ushering Rin to the door. "You're what?" Sesshomaru interjected as they reached the door. "Going to the meadow." Bailey repeated walking out with Rin, Kagome and the guards in toe behind her. Inukimi let out an amused laugh. "Now Sesshomaru they will be alright. If I remember correctly your mate is quite resourceful." She said following him to his study. "Now I assume that any children you two should bare would be half breeds? Speaking of half breeds I've heard that your younger brother is here as well." She said tauntingly as she looked out the window. "Children?" Sesshomaru questioned as he pondered the thought. "Yes you must have an heir for when you both pass on. No one lives forever." Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes 'Bailey would live forever.' He thought to himself. "My Lord they have finished decorating the ballroom as instructed." Jaken said pulling Sesshomaru's attention back to the tasks at hand. Nodding Sesshomaru proceeded to the ballroom. Looking around Sesshomaru frowned. "Jaken." Sesshomaru said coldly Jaken frantically ran up next to him "ye-yes Milord." Jaken said cowering. "White roses. Bailey said white roses." He said looking around. "But Milord they are wh-" Jaken stopped looking around the room. "Red? How? Milord I swear they were white just a moment ago. I checked myself." Jaken said squeamishly. Sesshomaru looked around the room again when something caught his eye. Moving across the room he pulled down some draping fabric. Behind it a crescent moon carved into the wall.

"Get to the meadow immediately

"Get to the meadow immediately." Sesshomaru yelled as he let the fabric fall to the ground and he ran off.
Meanwhile Rin, Kagome, Bailey and the guards had been in the meadow for awhile. Bailey squirmed uneasily as Rin picked flowers. "Rin it's time to-" Bailey started but stopped using her super speed to get in front of Rin and quickly and catching a dart aimed at her.

Bailey pulled Rin up accidentally tearing a piece of her kimono sleeve off

Bailey pulled Rin up accidentally tearing a piece of her kimono sleeve off. "Bailey!" Kagome and Rin yelled in unison. "Get them back to the palace now!" Bailey yelled to the guards while tucking the cloth into her pocket. The guards huddled around Kagome and Rin as more darts were fired their way. "Go now!" Bailey growled at the group. As she turned to make sure they got away unharmed darts shot and riddled Bailey's back. Falling to the ground her world went black.
The guards had ran as fast as they could. As they reached the gate Sesshomaru and Inuyasha landed right in front of them. "Kagome!" Inuyasha said taking his wife into his arms. "Inuyasha!" She said wrapping her arms around him. "Where is Bailey?" Sesshomaru growled at the guards. "There was an attack. She ordered us to get Lady Rin and Lady Kagome back here. She should be right behind us." One of the guards said. Kagome handed Inuyasha one of the darts she had scooped up before being rushed off by the guards. Taking it he pierced the top with his claw and took in the scent. The scent his Sesshomaru's nose and he ran to the meadow. "Kagome quick get inside." Inuyasha said. "What is it?" Kagome asked. "It's valerian flower. It puts its victims into a deep sleep." Inuyasha explained then took off after Sesshomaru. Coming to the meadow they found more darts and foot prints that vanished at the forest line. "Bailey!" Sesshomaru yelled. Anger seethed through him. His eyes turned red and the wind picked up around him.

 His eyes turned red and the wind picked up around him

"Wait. Do you smell that?" Inuyasha sniffing hard. "Its Rin's scent. But its goes the opposite way of the palace." Sesshomaru said and he smiled. "Go alert the guards. I'll follow the scent." Sesshomaru said taking off. Inuyasha turned and ran back to the palace.