Sailors and Runaway Kids

A ship is sailing across the ocean, and on it is Nya Smith. Nya is a princess and 1st in line to the throne, before her older brother, who didn't want it and passed it on to Nya. 

Speaking of Kai, he's here too, not that he wants to be.

 "Come on Kai!" Nya shouted excitedly, attempting to urge her brother to come out of the cabin. "What's so bad about the sea and the ocean" "Many things," Kai replied, refusing to come out of his safe haven and near the water.

 "Sharks, waves, salt, riptides, and I can't swim!" Kai listed, refusing to budge.

 "What about mermaids?" Asked Ronin, the captain. Kai had enough of these sailors poisoning his baby sister's mind with these  fairy tales, "Mermaids don't exist!!" He shouted, but it was too late, for music had begun to play.

Ronin: I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue

And it's hey to the starboard, heave-ho
Look out lass a mermaid be waiting for you
In mysterious fathoms below

All Sailors: Fathoms below, below

From whence wayward westerlies blow
Where Garmadon is king and his merpeople sing
In mysterious fathoms below Below
Below Below, below, below
In mysterious fathoms below.

Meanwhile, deep in the ocean, a grand celebration was taking place. It was a concert for King Garmadon's seven children, his pride and joy.

 Zane was King Garmadon's advisor and counselor, doing his best to make sure everything was running smoothly. He sincerely hoped that Garmadon's youngest child was there and not fantasizing about the surface again, that would mean more work for him, that was for sure.

 6 young mermaids were talking excitedly, waiting for their time to shine. A large blue shell was placed on the stage and the 6 mer children gathered beside it as the song started to play:

Children of Garmadon: Ah, we are the children of Garmadon great father

who loves us and named us well, Shade

Shade: Ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah

Children of Garmadon: Ash

Ash: Ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah

 Children of Garmadon: Chamille

Camille: Ah-ah-ah

Children of Garmadon: Neuro

Neuro: Ah-ah-ah 

Children of Garmadon: Toxita

Toxita: Ah-ah-ah 

Children of Garmadon: Griffin

Griffin: Ah-ah-ah

Children of Garmadon:  And then there is the youngest in his musical debut
Our 7th little sibling we're presenting him to you

To sing a song that Zane wrote his voice is like a ray

It's our little brother J 

The song is interrupted when the shell  is opened to find that Jay is nowhere to be found. The celebration is thrown into chaos as everyone begins to look for the young runaway. 

Camille, who hasn't learned that it's wrong to gossip, begins talking away to her friends, "Jay, is gone again," she twitters, that must be the 4th concert he's missed now."

 The other siblings rush around worriedly, while King Garmadon shouts, "JAY!!!" 

 "Jay!" a small blackfish shouts, struggling to keep up with the hyperactive merkid. "Isn't this awesome Cole!"

 "No! Not awesome!" Cole shot back, "We are going to get in trouble, and you are going to get yourself killed!" "Oh lighten up buddy, this is so cool!" Jay chirped, chasing his tail in a circle.

 "No kid, "cool", would be going back to the palace, which is what we are going to do right now," 

Cole grumped, "Jay! don't you dare start another musical number!" Unfortunately for Cole, however, music did start up.

Jay: This is where I belong

Beneath the clear wide blue here
I feel completely new here in the world above
It's like my life was wrong
And somehow, now, at last, I'm in
My own skin
Up here in the world above

There's so much light here
Light and space
The sun's so bright here
Upon my face
It feels so right here
Warm as love
Life seems to be
Almost calling to me
From this strange new world above

Jay spun around, excited, however, he was brought back to earth by Cole "Okay kid, fun's over. Time to go home now before were get into any more trouble.

 But Jay wasn't ready to go back to the palace, at home, he's babied and treated like he can't take care of himself just because he's the youngest. 

Besides, he had found an interesting human object in the sunken ship he and Cole had explored during the song. It had to be a human object because there was nothing like it in the undersea kingdom of Merlopia. 

Jay fingered the object, studying it closely, it looked like a 4 pronged tiny trident to him, but that couldn't be what it really was.

 He wanted to take it to Dareth, to find out for sure, but he had to convince Cole first. He decided to pull out his ace, "Pleaaaaaaase?" he begged, pulling out his signature sad guppy look.

 "NO!" No! Oooookay fine." Cole finally relented. "Yes!" Jay exclaimed, doing a flip in the water. He was going to the surface.