11

~—~      Jimin and I both sipped on our champagne at the same time and looked around some more

~—~
Jimin and I both sipped on our champagne at the same time and looked around some more.

    "Wow, this is all for an engagement party?" I asked observing some of the women in full length gowns. People rushed by us with silver trays.

    He nodded and spoke next to me. "Yeah..he told me he wanted nothing but the best. I get it now."

    Jimin started to look through the people and I know he's trying to find Jin. Suddenly, there was no need because he walked up from behind us screaming.

   "JIMINNN you made it." They dabbed each other up like they did last time with big smiles on their faces.

    Jin looked at me and approached me. He picked up my hand and fidgeted with it, making us do a handshake as well. "Y/N TOO WOW. I hope you guys aren't having too much fun. We're about to get the food out for you guys." He said cheerfully.

   I nodded.

   "That sounds great. Jin everything looks amazing, I'm so happy for you guys."

   "Don't get mushy on me yet, save the water works for the wedding m'kay? Jagi should be over here to say hi to you guys soon, she's talking to my dad."

   They were engaged in a loud conversation until he soon had to move on from us and walk away.

Jimin turned to me and held his hand out, so I took it and we walked over to a circle table.

The whole gathering was extremely pretty. Jimin and I watched from afar as him and his beautiful wife shook hands and greeted everyone.

There was a buffet set out so people could choose what food they wanted, and I helped myself to a very good selection of things.

Finished with his food, Jimin leaned back into his seat and bit his lip at something. Taking notice, I looked around to see what it was.

He was watching Jin and his wife laugh at something. His eyebrows furrowed.

"Penny for your thoughts." I said, leaning into my chair as well.

He laughed a little before turning his attention to me. He held the bottom of his chin like he always does as his elbow rested on the table.

"It's just...I can't help but feel weird. My best friend of over 8 years is getting married. We've known each other way before working at the school, and to see him already in love settling down is weird. Is he adulting at his best or am I just adulting wrong?" He asked sighing. He continued to stare me down, and I nodded.

"I get it. This should be really weird for you to see. I'm just scared for what's to come, like am I really going to be like this one day? Or not? Who the hell knows?" I said shrugging.