i. HONEST THERAPY

IMAGINE

IMAGINE . . . .

Lorelai telling you of why she left
you heartbroken all those years ago
& you never got to know why she left.
That was until one dinner at her parents'
house.

-----------

You stormed out of the dining room in a rage, heading towards the steps to go upstairs. As you got up there, you stumbled across a white door. You were curious as of who room it was until you looked around and saw it was Lorelai's.

"Great." You mumbled underneath your breath. You ended up sitting on the edge of her bed, just thinking and letting your thoughts run wild. You were at peace, that was until you heard footsteps walking into the room.

You looked up from the floor and it was Lorelai. Your face changes from soft to anger in an instant, "Came to tear me apart more than you already have?"

"You're mad. I get it. But please understand why I did what I did. Just hear me out." She lastly said before you stood up from the bed.

You walked to the window that was near her dresser, "What could you possibly say that would make me understand? I'm angry and that's that."

"Y/n, I was very young-" She began, "And I was very unhappy. I needed to be some place that wasn't here."

"Was our life together that bad?!" You turned to face her as you yelled out of frustration.

"We were teenagers! What life?!" Lorelai yelled back, "Listen, I love you but you have to know why we couldn't just get married." She lastly said.

You just stood there, trying to sink in every word that left her mouth, but you didn't want to hear it. All you could understand was that she left you and there was no good reason. You continued to look in her eyes and just as you were about to respond, emily came in.

"Everything alright up here?" Emily practically announced herself.

"I was just leaving." You abruptly walked passed lorelai then Emily, heading downstairs and then grabbing your jacket before heading out the door.