Chapter 1 Sparks

Intro

The worst day of my life finally came and to my surprise, it came pretty quickly. Another check up at the hospital to see if there could be a possibility that I could see the wonders of the world. Great, brilliant. It's not that I have given up on hope or anything in specific but I don't really need to regain my vision if I ever did. Since my past 15 years of life, I have developed a new way of "seeing." You see, there is some people in this world that are hypocrites that create this world shitty rather than making a better place. But sadly we are all stuck in here. I grabbed my stick and went to the kitchen where my mom had made eggs and bacon for breakfast.

"Good morning sweet heart. Are you ready for today?" asked my mom. I sat down on the table and I could feel my dad's presence. I was sure he was reading the newspaper.

"Mom....I don't think I feel very well today." I said coughing. That was a terrible cough I thought.

"Laila, come on, we've talked about this." said my dad. My mom placed my food right in front of me and gave me my spoon.

"Thank you." I said in a low voice. I know my parents want the best for me and they prefer for their child to be able to see and have a happy life like every parent wished but then we go back to my philosophy.........and.....well......they won't change their mind. After breakfast, I went straight to my room to get dressed. I put on a brown flowery dress with black leggings. I put on my black vans and grabbed my stick. I waited in the living room while my mom was getting ready. I always beat my mom and getting ready. One time, we were going to Olive Garden and it literally took her an hour to get ready.

"Okay, wish us luck love." yelled my mom to my dad as I was waiting at the dock. We were going to Rady Children's hospital.I was nervous though. My hands started to shake a little.

"Honey are you okay?" asked my mom.

"Yeah, I'm fine.' I lied. We arrived to the hospital and walked in. We were going to floor 5 section 3. We waited for about 30 minutes until the nurse finally called us in.She checked my temperature and my pressure, they are all fine.

"Are you guy's going to see Dr. Culcartni?" asked the nurse.

"Yes." said my mom. The nurse took us to a room and I calculated that we were there for about 15 minutes until the Doctor came in.

"Good morning ladies, nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Culcartni and this is mom son Aiden. You must be Laila right?" said the Doctor as he shooked my hand and then the boy.

"Yeah. Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"Well, my son here is practicing to become an Ophthalmologist when he grows up and you are the first patience he will practice with but of course I will be the one to analyze you even though he is 17 but don't worry, your in good hands.....So Aiden, let's see what you've learned.' said the Doctor. The boy put a light in my eye to check it.

"You have very beautiful eye's." said Aiden. Nobody has ever said that to me except my dad, obviously. I felt my cheeks turned red. Aiden laughed a little.

"Well... thank you." I said as I felt something that I have never in my life, had felt. Sparks.