Chapter 1: Acknowledge Me!

Protagonist

The primary or main character of the story. They lead and play a major role in the story.

Side Character or supporting character,

Characters that appear in the story but is not the primary focus of the story. They are either just mentioned in it or cameos which has minor roles within the story.

People say we are protagonist in our own story and play major roles in life. We lead ourselves into our own happy or satisfying ending. It does feel nice to think of it, but for me it's just another telling to keep you motivated in something you think you can handle. Like things being called as the chosen one, or the true possessor of something. Nothing but a blunder to keep ourselves high on success rate than the chances of failing. But I'm not saying that this saying can't be true but what it means is that it doesn't apply to everyone at all. You're either designed or born a protagonist or a supporting character, or worst, a disposable or outcast character, which brings you to my everyday life in StickVille. I, Riley Lace, The ultimate school Skulker, will introduce you to my disastrous Outcast Role.

A sunny day in the morning has come as the birds' chirps outside my windows only to be interrupted by a beeping sound. My alarm went off and I hastily turned it off. I spread the curtains from my window to see how's the weather going. There the usual street and people walking. Heck I can even see Blake looking pissed walking his muddy puppy back home while her little sister Wendy is dripping wet with mud yet seemed quite happy under her hair bangs covering half her face. As I stare at the sun I told myself

"Today I decided that this year I'll be a protagonist tier character in my life"

A sudden knock on my door banged.

"Oi, Riley, you awake? I made breakfast already"

it was Phoenix Johnson my roommate and my childhood best friend as well. He is an athletic guy and is quite great at being a leader of the baseball team and is a great help when push comes to shove. Totally reliable unlike me. In fact, he is also mostly in charge of some house chores like cooking and doing some cleaning. This guy could defo be every girl's house husband, but yeah, I kinda wished he was a girl like one of those anime clichés. I wouldn't be single right now. I headed out of my room and went to the kitchen seeing him on his usual orange tracksuit happily enjoying his egg sand which.

"You seem to be quite happy for our first day of school despite losing your win streak in the marathon."

"You seem to be quite early for our first day of school? You nervous that you didn't even stay up all night watching anime?" He replied in a smug face.

"Oh screw off"

Not gonna lie he got me good there. My previous first day of school went bad because I was late for staying up watching anime.

I sat on the table with him and ate breakfast to prepare for school.

"So, do you have any plans after school? Any clubs you're interested in?" Breaking the silence in the table.

"Ye I'm quite busy, I haven't finished The Love War manga yet. I plan to read it all so I can at least in know what happens after the 2nd season of it." I replied jokingly knowing that it's not productive.

"Hell, I even binged the entire 1st and 2nd season it took me around 10 hours, all day just to finish it I even started reading about 50 chapters through the manga mwehe..." I continued in a proud tone.

"I meant something productive?" He cuts off.

Did he just ignore my proud spiel about being a weeb?