Chapter 2: A Bad Impression

This is quite the predicament. Who would've thought I could embarrass myself even more in front of a girl? I was captivated by her hair not minding where I walk and I literally fell because of her. I tried raising my head up to get a good look on her face, until a something heavy dropped in my back. I grasped for air because of the sudden weight on my back. It was also as heavy as 3 kilograms of rice.

"How's the weather down thereeee?"

A playful and energetic voice up above.
My day can't get any better alright. I tried to raise my head again to gaze back at that abyssal demon. Emily Watson, looking down on me with her devilish smile and menacing glare. Well, that's what I think of it. She's clearly just smiling back at me glad that I came into the science lab just like she said without remembering her blackmail to me.

"Yo! Seems like you already got yourself in an accident you Klutz" Said with such calming and kind voice. It was Phoenix behind Emily while he's holding some flyers on his hands.

"He slipped from a water bottle and landed on his face" The girl with the lab coat and glasses said as Emily picks the box up from my back.

"Well either way I'm glad he came to help. Samantha is quite a Klutz too." Phoenix says as he helps me up.

"Sheesh, for a Klutz like her, why would she want to run as the student council president."

"Awww come on have a little faith in Sammy, Hannnyy." said by Emily in her usual playful tone.

"Umm excuse me, but what's going on? Why am I called here?" breaking their convo because I have no idea what they're talking about.

"Oh right! You exist!"

"Ehh!"

Did this demon girl just imply that my presence can't be sensed and is entirely frickin invisible? Did no one really acknowledge my presence despite having an embarrassing accident in front of a cute girl that was called a Klutz?

"Oh, right! Hannah, this is Riley. He's the guy I said that can also help Samantha with the election." Phoenix politely introducing me.

"Riley, this is Hannah, the science club president." looking at me as he points to the girl in front of me.

"So, you're that guy that Phoenix kept telling me about having too much free time huh?" As Hannah coldly looks at me through her glasses.

"Phoenix, what did you tell her about me?" I condescendingly ask.

"Exactly what she said." as he innocently smiles. I'll just hope that he didn't tell her about my bad shut-in habit though.

"I'll just hope that you'll be useful rather than just staining the floor with your clumsiness" Hannah giving me a cold look.

God, I feel embarrassed even more. This girl is cold as frick. Me having too much free time just means I have nothing productive to do. God, I hope Phoenix didn't say it in a bad way though. I feel like she is implying that I'm useless.

"Geez don't get too caught up to what she said Riley" as Emily reaches to pat my shoulder.

"Hannah has always been cold to everyone no matter how much she knows the person" her saying that kinda made me feel a bit better she's just cold to people.

"But she was correct about being clumsily useless" She happily tells me with a thumbs up and wink on her face.
Of course, Emily being Emily trying to ruin my relief as I stare at her all pissed.

"Damn you" I sighed.

She just smiled and walked away.

"So, Riley, you're probably wondering what I asked you to come here for? Right?" Phoenix happily asks.