Bonus Chapter

So.

This was initially the first chapter of the sequel I started in 2017 but never completed, and to be honest I'm not sure if I ever will.

But I thought you might still enjoy and see how everyone is with a 2 year time jump!

You laugh, the water rolling up to your knees where you stand. The sun is hot, but there's a nice breeze, although your shoulders are starting to get a little burnt; so much for all the sunblock Bucky helped rub all over you.

"Come in the water!" You urge, reaching out your hands for him. "It feels so nice!"

"That's alright." Bucky shakes his head from where he stands in the sand, looking like he feels out of place. You suppose he does, neither of you are fond of large crowds, but you'd convinced him to come with you.

So that's how you're in Hawaii, on the beach near sunset splashing water at him. You've been there three days and it's almost unbelievable how much you've enjoyed yourself --- you hope he has too.

Although he won't admit, Bucky has had a good time. You'd woke him up in the middle of the night last week, told him the two of you had something important that had come up and you had to leave immediately,  packing only the essentials. Of course he'd done exactly that --- only to realize your plan was to drag him on an impromptu vacation he's vaguely sure Stark is unwittingly paying for.

He's glad he can make his arm look normal.

You're so pretty when you look at him like that, your eyes bright, water glistening on your skin warmed by the sun. Your hair is up but the ends are wet, and there's such a sparkle in your eye, you're really having a good time.

Although you could put on more clothing, you're wearing a bikini and it shows a lot of skin. He's not the only one who's noticed how good that color looks on you, how you fill it out in all the right places.

You'd made him wear this stupid Hawaiian t shirt, although it's open to reveal his torso; you'd have him completely naked with you if you weren't surrounded by people, maybe you should have considered a nudist beach instead.

Huh.

Thought for another time.

"Are you going to come in the water or do I need to make you?" You inquire, your hands going to your hips.

Stark had given you an expense credit card way back when and never taken it back. Of course it had been when you were getting out of the hospital after rescuing Bucky from Hydra after he sacrificed himself so you could live. You'd needed a lot of medicine and supplies, and you're fairly certain Stark doesn't even remember giving you the card, and apparently has so much money he's doesn't notice the bills going out.

You don't abuse it, you'd genuinely only used it for the necessities for your health, and you appreciated the gesture from him.

But you and Bucky just needed this vacation!

"Make me?" Bucky smirks, flicking his dark brown hair out of his eyes, his hands in his shorts pockets. He looks amused, and the most relaxed you've seen him, well, ever.

It was really hard in the beginning, when you got out of the hospital and he did too. You'd felt so guilty that he'd given himself to Hydra, the organization hell bent on fucking up everything and the ones who turned him into a murderer.