Chapter 14

A/N: Hey, loves. Should I start adding pictures at the top from now on as I did for this chapter? Also, I just wanted to thank you all for your support. I love you all so much, and my messages are always open if you need or want to talk. A little warning that this chapter may not be the best as it was written late at night over a bowl of ramen. Happy reading :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naya rummaged through the kitchen trying to find something to eat. She had just finished wandering the house for probably the thousandth time today as she had nothing else to do; Narcissa was working diligently in her office, and Naya was utterly dumbfounded on what to occupy herself with. She grabbed a box of crackers and a few other miscellaneous things from the cabinets and fridge and plopped herself down at the counter. As she ate, she flicked on the radio.

"I love this song," she whispered to herself as she hopped back up from her previous position on the stool. She twirled around the kitchen, singing her little heart out and using a wooden spoon as a microphone; after her award-winning performance, she was pulled from her little bubble by quiet claps. She whirled around to see Narcissa leaning against the doorframe.

"That was beautiful, Naya," she commented. Naya blushed and dropped her gaze to the floor, gently biting her bottom lip. Before she knew it, Narcissa had erased the space between them and was lifting her chin. The older woman ran her thumb over Naya's lips, pulling her bottom one from between her teeth. "Don't do that, sweet girl."

"Sorry," the young woman mumbled. It amazed her how her girlfriend still gave her butterflies with just a few words, even after they'd lived together for months.

"What have you been doing whilst I've been working?" Naya shrugged.

"Just hanging out. I've walked around the house so many times I think I could navigate it in my sleep," she joked. "Then I got bored, so I came in here for a snack, and I may or may not have had a little concert."

"I saw that much," Narcissa laughed. Naya stuck out her bottom lip in a pout. "Oh, stop your pouting; you know I love listening to you sing."

"I know, but it's embarrassing when you see me like that. I wasn't even being serious," Naya whined. Narcissa fixed her with a soft glare.

"Well, don't be embarrassed. Do you have anything you need to do today?" Naya shook her head.

"Do you have to keep working?" she asked, her tone hopeful that she would say no and that they could spend the rest of the afternoon together. Narcissa felt bad about having to work so much today, but it had to be done. She cupped her girlfriend's cheek and gently stroked it with her thumb.

"I do," she replied simply. Naya's mood took an obvious dip, and Narcissa was thinking of what she could do to change that. Then it hit her. She took a step back from Naya and held out her hand.

"What?"

"Come with me."

"For what?" Naya asked, her face scrunched in confusion. Narcissa rolled her eyes playfully and grabbed Naya's hand, dragging her along to her office. "Why are bringing me with you?"

Once Narcissa had herself situated in her chair with all of her stuff spread out in front of her on her desk, she looked back to Naya.

"You can sit on my lap until I'm done working," she suggested. Naya's confused expression immediately switched to an absolute shit-eating grin. She climbed onto the working woman's lap, her arms folded between the two of them and her face in the crook of her neck. She inhaled deeply, her body and mind immediately relaxing at Narcissa's vanilla-and-coffee-scented skin.