2

[Two & a Half Weeks Later - DWMA]

(Y/n)'s POV

Walking out of the Death Room, I sighed softly as I was just assigned an important mission for tonight. "Man.. And I was really looking forward to make dinner for Maka and Soul for the first time.." I sighed.  

"Hey (Y/n)! Over here!" I heard a familiar voice call out to me, causing me to turn to my left to see Kid, Liz and Patty. "Let's hang out again! It's lunch!" Patty yelled, giggling a bit.

I smiled softly and walked towards them since they were heading to the cafeteria. After everything that happened three weeks ago, the four of us got close, to the point where I would sleep over if it got too late. Kid and I also put the fight behind us, seeing how it was childish and agreed to not use each other's weapons as a weakness. "How was class with Professor Stein? He's a weird one."

"It was the same thing - dissection." Liz shrugged, causing Patty to laugh.

"Yes, that is true. There's only been dissection lesson for the past week. Anyways, why were you in Death Room? Did my father ask you anything?" Kid asked me.

"Yeah, I have a mission in Russia so I have to leave after lunch in order to get there by tonight. Afterwards, I should come back within three days at most, unless Maka and Soul go into a mission while I'm away."

"Lord Death has you running all over Earth.. Don't you get tired of it?" Liz asked me as she handed Patty a picture book to calm her down.

I could only shrug, seeing how I've done this for years. "I'm used to it by now, so I don't really have a problem with it."

Kid stood in front of me with his arms crossed. "Would you like some company? I'm sure Father wouldn't mind us tagging along. You are going on your own after all. More people, the faster it's done."

"Whoa, what's going on here?" Soul asked, stopping behind Kid with Maka next to him.

"Yo, why did Lord Death call you instead of me?" Black Star added, Tsubaki not too far behind him.

"(Y/n) was assigned a mission last minute and I offered her a helping hand. I'm just waiting for her to say yes—"

"—I'm sorry, but no." I cut off Kid, smiling sadly. "Lord Death told me that this mission is urgent and extremely difficult so it's best if I went on my own. As much as I appreciate the kindness, it's too risky." Grabbing his hands gently, I held onto them hoping he understood my point of view. I also couldn't tell him that it's about some important stuff I was asked to investigate.

"Wait, if it's that dangerous, then why didn't Lord Death ask us?!" Black Star whined.

"Cause you're not ready for it. You're too impatient and cocky. Not a good combination for this one."

"Now that was cool." Soul snickered, laughing at how I burned Black Star's ego.

"Sorry Black Star, but (Y/n) has a point." Maka agreed.

"Maybe next time, Black Star." Tsubaki smiled.

"Well, if you insist, then I cannot argue." Kid sighed, looking away from me as I let go of his hands. "Just upsetting this happened before I could properly show you around the Gallows."

"Don't be mad, Kid. I'll try my best to come back so you can show me around your mansion."

"How soon do you have to leave?" Maka asked.

Looking at the clock, I saw how lunch would end in a few minutes. "Soon.. After lunch actually." I answered. I bowed to everyone. "I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly after the plans we all made."