Chapter 28: Hope

People say the first love never turns out well in the end. Perhaps it's true, but that doesn't mean I ever wanted to give up on you. You were like that lingering last breath of winter; persistent, spiteful and always there in the back of my mind.

         Because Homura had exploded the bat cave along with it's miracle fluid, the people Senku could revive were limited. While his choices were limitless the amount of chances he had to bring someone back to life were coming down close to none.

Senku was tired after last night's party, which was evident in the way he still laid in bed. The scientist was typically up a little bit after sunrise. Not today though. It was long past noon before Senku would finally muster the strength to pull himself out of bed.

Gen was up before him today, which was strange but Senku didn't think too much into it. Right now all Senku wanted to do was divulge himself into a new giant project.

He was going to build a boat, but before that project could even get started Senku needed to find a way to rally the people and get them all in line. Dealing with people was always the hardest thing. So unpredictable they were.

At most, it would take two week and at best twelve hours. It was all really a matter of finding people in the right mood and asking them in a way that made it seem like you weren't trying to take advantage of them. It was why Senku's first course of action was to find the mentalist. He would need all the help he could get if he had to deal with so many people.

(Y/n) might've been a good option too. She may not have known as many tricks as Gen but she was well known amongst the people in Tsukasa's kingdom. The two of them together would certainly bring down the time loss of trying to gather everyone together.

Of course, that presented Senku's first hurdle.

He needed to find the two of them first.

Senku's hair was ruffled in every direction as he pulled himself out of the tent.

Kohaku let out a giggle when she spotted the scientist.

Senku sighed, "good afternoon, Kohaku."

"I didn't think you'd be such a lightweight, Senku." said Kohaku, trying to pull together a straight face.

The scientist turned away from the female, "have you seen Gen or (Y/n)?"

"(Y/n) was with Ukyo this morning, helping him bandage his wound." Chrome chimed in, walking past the pair with a yawn. Chrome pondered for a moment, "that was a while ago though and I don't think it should've taken very long for her to rebandage it."

Kohaku spoke up next, "I think I saw (Y/n) and Gen take Sukia and Miari to the fields. They said something about making flower crowns."

"Thanks." Senku mumbled, stumbling off towards the flower fields.

Of course they would choose to do something pointless. Senku sighed, this is what happens when he decides to sleep in for once. No one else gets any work done. They were like children, the lot of them.

Senku wondered what kind of pattern things would settle into this time.

Back when it was just him it was easy to establish a pattern. Getting up, scavenging, building, more scavenging and sleeping.

When (Y/n) had joined not much had changed. She sort of just clicked into his life. She wasn't an inconvenience (even in the beginning). A new change of pace for Senku who, at the time, was all alone.

Coming to the village and getting the villagers to trust him had taken a lot longer to come to a normal than it did when it was just himself and (Y/n). Now, Senku had tried to gain the approval of new people all while preparing for a war he might not have been ready to fight.