Chapter one

1.

Lunch for my two best friends and I was always a looked forward to part of the day. What normal teenager didn’t look forward to lunch? I was sitting across from Celeste and Zoe while we picked at our lunches.           

            “This salad is so gross.” Celeste complained. “This diet is so annoying!”

            “Celeste you don’t need to go on a diet.” Zoe and I said at the same time.

It always annoyed me when Celeste got in her diet moods. The girl was drop dead gorgeous, she had a body I would kill for in a heartbeat. But she was always complaining about her weight. It drove me nuts.

            “We’re not arguing about this again.” Celeste pouted.

            “You were the one that brought it up!” Zoe pointed out and I couldn’t help but laugh.

            “Whatever. Let’s play our game!”

‘Our game’ wasn’t really anything special. We had made it up our freshman year when we were about to die of boredom in our Spanish class and hadn’t stopped playing sense. How it worked was one of us would ask a question and then all three of had to answer it, no matter what. And then the next person would ask a question. We could play for hours and we have.

            “Fine, you go first then.” I told Celeste.

Celeste took another bite of her salad as she thought of a good question. Sometimes the questions were simple and general. But other times they got personal. “Ok!” Celeste said with a smile. “I have one. How many different people have you had sex with?”

All three of us started laughing. “Way to go for a personal question first!” Zoe laughed.

            “Hey, it’s all I could think of!” We all started laughing again. “So what are the numbers?”

            “I’ll answer first…” Zoe said. “…15….”

            “Should we times that by three to get your real number?” I asked with a raised eyebrow. Zoe cut her eyes at me. “No! That’s my real number!”

            “Mines 13.” Celeste said.

            “I got 3.”

            “Only 3?” Zoe asked acusingly. 

            “What’s wrong with that?” I asked. 

            “Nothing, just surprised is all…”

I rolled my eyes. Zoe and Celeste were both gorgeous. Celeste really worked for it but Zoe was naturally pretty. They got whatever guy they wanted. I was usually just looked at as just the cute best friend.

            “Zoe, you ask the next question.” Celeste commanded.

            “Oh and I have the most perfect one too!” Zoe gave us a wide bright smile. “Who is your secret crush? Mine is Ryan on the football team.”

            “Zoe, you said secret, even Ryan knows you like him.” I told her. Zoe flipped her short blonde hair over her shoulder. “Fine. Let me think of another question.”

We waited for about five minutes. I was starting to get impatient when she finally spoke up again. “Who is a guy that you think is totally hot but you would never go for him?”

            “Mike in the drama club. He’s completely hot but all he ever talks about is plays.” Celeste pouted again. “Such a waste.”

            “I’ll have to say, I think it would be Kayden. That really shy kid. But I would so go for him.” I told them. I really did have a crush on Kayden, the only problem was he so painfully shy.

            “Really? You think he’s hot?”

            “You don’t?” I asked Zoe. Every girl in the school, some teachers too, had the hots for Kayden. He was the tall, dark, and handsome type that had every girl drooling over him. 

            “Well, maybe if I ever heard his voice…”

            ”Yea. I think Kayden would be a great boyfriend to have. He’s sexy, seems smart and all but he just doesn’t talk!” I laughed out.

            “You think Kayden is hot?” I heard a voice behind me ask. Celeste and Zoe popped their heads up and their eyes widened. Shit, I thought. I slowly turned around and looked up. To my horror Kayden’s best friend, Roman, was standing there looking down at me with a smirk on his face.

            “N-no…” I stuttered.

            “I just heard your guy’s conversation…” Roman said in a duh voice. 

         “Uhh-hh well….” I was trying to think of something to say as a cover but before words came to my head the bell rang, signally us to go to class. “Bye!” I said and rushed off not even bothering to wait for Celeste and Zoe.