Chapter 2: Math And Agreements

Cole helped Mason into the bathroom, letting him lean against a stall as he looked over his face worried, carefully pulling down Mason's mask in the process to see if his lip was busted. "D-Did he kicks you in your face?? W-What happened? Why didn't you stand up to that prick?!" Cole asked worried and frustrated as he placed Mason's bag on the sink gently. "Y-You know why Cole..." Mason said softly and gently as he rubbed his sore spots, wincing in pain. "Look, man, I know you wanna be just like your dad, I get it. But he wouldn't want you to keep doing this! He would want you to defend yourself!" Cole said while glaring at Mason worried and annoyed that he was letting this happen without putting up a fight.

"You can't just let that privileged asshole beat you every day!" Cole said worried and frustrated. Mason sighed shakily and softly, he understood where he was coming from, really he did. But he just couldn't bring himself to, he knew his father didn't approve of violence but only accepted it when it came to life to death, and his father was a good man, Mason tried and wanted to be just like his father when he grew up. "B-But we can't resolve a problem with violence...how are we any better then the people who did this if we react the same way...?" Mason asked weakly and shakily.

Cole glared at him at first before letting out a heavy sigh as he pinched his nose harshly, making Mason yelp and try to pull away. "You so hard headed you know that? Wish I can get into that strange mind of yours." Cole said with a small smile as he backed off gently.  Mason smirked weakly as he pulled his mask back on gently as well as pulling his gloves off and stuffing them into his bag before he tried to fix his hair, though it was still wet in the back. "I learned from the best!" Mason said with a smile gently. Cole smiled slightly as Mason got the cheap brown paper from the dispenser next to the sink, trying to use it to dry his hair the best he could.

"So how did the orders go?" Cole asked softly and gently, stretching in the process as he tried to prepare himself for the sheer boredom they called 'class'. "Went well for the most part! Got lost a bit for a second there." Mason said while laughing. "But I have a handful of orders to give here as well. Just hope the kid won't try to fight about the price..." Mason grumbled annoyed slightly as he threw the brown cheap paper away as he tried to fix his hair the best he can, cleaning the dirt off his clothes gently as he tried to be careful since his body was still sore.

"If they do you better tell me! I'll straighten them out." Cole said sternly. Mason snickered at this comment, same ol' Cole. "I'll call you don't worry." Mason said while smiling, feeling more relaxed and calm. Cole smiled and nodded as they both got their things and walked out the bathroom gently as they both kept close to each other while smiling and laughing

~~~

"This will cost around Fifteen bucks!" "What?! That's so much for a drawing!! What about Five bucks??" A kid yelled frustrated and annoyed. Mason was sitting at his desk, that he had to clean it up might he add since Matthew had trashed it and spelt his iced coffee all over it as pay back from this morning, and was dealing with a costumer who had ordered a drawing from him. It was the last class of they day and he didn't want to end it on a bad note at least, as some of his other artwork pricing went either well or awful, never in the middle so far today.

"Look I'm sorry but this took a while to draw! This is the lowest I can do it!" Mason said upset and worried, hoping the kid wouldn't just walk off.  After a bit more arguing and some debate, and some begging from desperation , they decided to do it for Twelve bucks instead. He looked at the crumpled up Ten and two One dollar bills in his hand and sighed relived, thankful that it was at least close to the original price.

He dug into his bag and pulled out a pencil pouch that has two zippers that were bind together with a locker lock, she quickly put the combination in and opened it and stuffed the money in, he looked at the money he had stored in it, which was Fifty dollars, but it would have to be sorted by his boss, which would end up being a much shorter amount. Mason smiled slightly, feeling relieved and at ease as he put the money in and zipped it up as he locked his pencil pouch back up and stuffed it back into his bag gently, as he can feel Matthews eyes bore into his body like nails.