The Train Ride.

Carole King - It's Too Late

  As the glare from the sun hits my eyes, It's Too Late by Carole King begins playing. I've always loved this song so i start to hum along, while i read George's Bataill's 'Story of the Eye'.

  I've been traveling Europe for about a month now. I decided to travel here with my boyfriend, Cam, for our summer vacation. But since Cam and i broke up three months ago, and I couldn't get a refund of my tickets here, I decided to travel alone. Im from Paris, originally.

  Although it's scary to travel alone, I found it extremely lovely here all by myself. It gives me more time to work on my self love anyway lol.

  Humming along to my music and reading, I feel a tap on my shoulder.

  A tall, handsome boy, around my age appears to be hovering over me in the seat behind me.

   "I love that song."

   "You can hear my music?"

   "Yeah it's pretty loud actually." He says with a smirk.

He looks strangely familiar. I have this feeling that i know him from something like school but i just forgot his name.

   "I must need new headphones then."

  He chuckles. "I suppose you do."

   "Sorry i didn't get your name? Unless we've already met and now this is super awkward."

   "Haha, no i'm Finn. I highly doubt we met, I would have remembered meeting someone as gorgeous as you are."

  I couldn't help the smile that quickly spread on my face and the immediate flush of red that appeared on my face. I can tell he didn't mean to say something like that, judging by the embarrassment on his face.

  I manage to say thanks without stuttering like Bill Denbrough, and he notices my shyness and laughs a bit.

   "Nice to meet you, Finn. I'm y/n." We shake hands and we start to talk about everything and anything.

  Finn is from Vancouver, and is here on "business". He's also 18 which is only one year older than me, but he acts a lot younger than he is.

  "So why are you here all by yourself again?" He says with a huge smile. I can tell he's pretty concerned that a 17 year old girl is traveling with nobody else.

   "I could ask the same about you, 'Mr. Business man'?" My humour is so dry.

  He lets out a laugh, surprisingly. There's no way he actually thought that was funny.

   "Hey I asked you first!"

  I end up telling him about how my ex and I were supposed to travel Europe together, but the tickets were pretty expensive, so i ended up coming alone.

   "So that means your single now...?" He asks curiously, looking everywhere but at me.

...