{2} Into The Fitness Test

▪︎¤¤¤▪︎

Once we all got changed and went outside, Aizawa began to talk to us about the teachers or something. I'm not sure I got bored and started to look at a stick on the ground. It was shaped like a thin wooden antler. Neat.

"(L/N), you finished at the top of the practice exam, right?" Aizawa asked, his monotone voice snapping me back into reality and away from the stick.

"Yes, sir." I replied, straightening up. Then I hear Blonde Hulk lightly growl.

"In junior high what was your best result in the softball throw?"

"43 meters."

"Then try doing it with your quirk."

"I'm sorry, sir, but my quirk doesn't enhance anything about me physically. It won't be useful for this."

"Fine then. Bakugou?" Aizawa looked at Blonde Hulk, "what was your best result?"

"67 meters."

"Try using your quirk when you do it now," he said as Bakugou went to stand in the circle for the throwing test. "You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle. Hurry up. Give it all you've got."

"Die!" Bakugou yelled as he threw the ball, a large explosion coming out of his hand, launching the ball into the air. He glanced at me and then looked away with a smug look.

When Aizawa turned around to show us the distance it read "705.2 meters." Woah. Bomb Boy is strong. Everyone cheered for him.

"All right," Aizawa says smiling. "Whoever comes in last place in all eight tests will be judged to have no potential and will be punished with expulsion."

"Okay, dark and gloomy," I say, taking a step forward, "you're going to expel one of us just because we might be a little worse than the rest? What if the loser only misses by a little bit? You can't do that."

"We're free to do what we want about the circumstances of our students. Welcome to U.A.'s hero course!"

Great. Now this Wednesday Addams wannabe probably doesn't like me, and he's my teacher.

When the test started Naomi and I gave each other a wink and a smile, to show to each other we could do this. 

Test 1: 50-Meter Dash

Iida and some frog girl started off. Iida's quirk put engines on his legs. So of course he finished first. 

Next was a girl, who Naomi said introduced herself as Uraraka, and a guy with a fat tail. Taily won by bouncing off of his tail like a Kangaroo.

Third, a guy who seems French and a pink girl. The French guy used a laser that shot from his belly button, but fell halfway. So the pink girl won.

Fourth, Bakugou versus Greenie. I should really learn these kids' names. Bakugou used his quirk to blast him forward, winning.

After them Naomi and I raced. I won, just barely. When I turned to her, so I could tease her, I saw Bakugou side eye me. Guess he can't handle the competition.

The scores I kept track of were:
Iida: 3.04 seconds
Frog girl: 5.58 seconds
Uraraka: 7.15 seconds
Monkey: 5.49 seconds
French dude: 5.51 seconds
Bakugou: 4.13 seconds 
Greenie: 7.02 seconds
Naomi: 5.48 seconds
Me: 5.34 seconds

I'd say we did good. Naomi has always been into anything athletic. She convinced me to run track, which she ended up quitting to play softball. I stayed though. It felt nice. The adrenaline. The endorphins released. The wind against my face, cooling me down, as I felt one foot after the other hit the ground.