{3} Bakugou Won't Just Listen

"Let's be his friends!"

"It seems like Midoriya is trying to be, but he won't let him in," I shift my weight against the pole. "If he won't let someone he knows in, why would he let strangers in?"

"Maybe they just have bad blood," Denki says as he zaps Sero lightly.

"Dude!" Sero yelps. "What the fuck?"

Denki shrugs as Sero stands up. Mina scoots over and puts her legs in his spot.

"Don't even think about it," she warns, when she sees Denki looking at her legs.

"Well regardless," Kirishima continues, ignoring them. "It's worth a try."

"How do you even get close to a guy like that?" Naomi asks.

"I'll figure it out. If we're going to become hero's we need to be able to get along with each other, plus we'll be spending the next three years together. So let's try to become friends with everyone we can here."

"You are way too friendly and optimistic."

"I mean he's right," I say, pushing myself off of the pole and walking behind the bench to stand with Naomi. "We should put in the effort to get along with everyone."

"He literally hates you. Why would you want to be his friend?" Naomi says, crossing her arms. "Do you have a crush or something?" She nudges me with her elbow.

"What no?!" I feel my face warm up.

"I saw him get in your face earlier," Mina turns and looks at me. "What was that about?"

"He was angry, because I zoned out while looking at him. Then he thought I mocked him."

"I mean you kind of did," Naomi says.

"It wasn't on purpose."

"He got really red when you said something about kissing."

Denki, Mina, and Sero started to tease me about how red Bakugou got and how I was getting red while they talked about it.

"Okay," I say, finally cutting them off by waving my arms, "guys, drop it. We're supposed to be challenging each other. Not gossiping."

After that we did the ball throw. Naomi threw it the farthest, then Kirishima, then me, and last was Mina. Next we did sit-ups. Kirishima did the most, next was me, then Naomi, then Mina. Finally we decided to see who could do the most push-ups. Kirishima got first place again. Naomi was second. Mina was third. I came in last.

We said our goodbyes and all started to walk home. Turns out Kirishima lives a few houses down from me. So we walked home while chatting. Today was nice.

▪︎¤¤¤▪︎

I wake up to Naomi hitting me in the face with a pillow.

"Your alarm has been going off for five fucking minutes. Get up!"

I stick my hand up, catching the pillow as she tries to hit me again.

I rub my eyes and sit up.

"If you're going to beat me with my own pillows I'll make you sleep outside the next time you stay over."

"Ha, I can sneak in," she says walking to the door in my room. "I have a key to your front door."

"Where the fuck did you get a key to my door?"

"I made a copy in case you were ever being murdered and I couldn't get in."

"You can just turn yourself into liquid and go under the crack at the front door."