Coincidence

You could hear all the machines beeping, docters coming in and out of rooms. Y/n, Pepper and Natalie were all waiting for the docter to come out of the room and tell them about Tony. He was really injured after his fight with Rhodey, at least a couple of bones that were broken. His cheeks were brused up, and there was a bit of blood coming out of his mouth.
So yeah that has been a hell of fight.
Y/n blames himself for letting it all happen while he was passed out, after all he did manage to protect Natalie.
Tony's docter came out of the room and walked up to his brother. 'He's stable for now, you can go see him. But keep in mind that he needs to rest. After your visit we can talk about his injuries.'

' Of course, thanks doc.'

He walks toward Tony's room and opens the door. ' Helo brother, how are you feeling.'

' It all just hurts like a bitch. '

' You kind of did ask for it Tony, but if it makes you feel any better I will go pay Rhodey a visit and show him what he gets when he touches a Stark.'

' it' s okay, no need to do that... After all he was right, and so are you. '

' Damn he really hit your head that hard huh. '

' No I'm serious little brother, but there's a reason I acted that way. Don't tell Pepper. '

' I won't, you can tell me Tony. '

' Okay. My arc reactor is failing me. My blood is toxic, which means I'll be dead soon. I just wanted to spend my last birthday the way I wanted it. '

' I-... Wow I can't believe you didn't tell me, you know I can try to heal you, we can figure this out Tony. I promise you.'

' Really sweet of you brother but I already tried everything.... You can't help me. '

' Don't say that, you're my brother and I won't watch you die. '

Tony tries to speak but he was interrupted by Pepper who walked in the room. Y/N felt the tension between these lovebirds so he got up and left.

Y/n' s pov

I closed the door behind me and went back to the waiting room where I saw Natalie sitting on one of the many chairs. I sat on the chair next to her.
' Is he okay?'
' Yea, if you ignore the bruises and his broken arm and rib.' she laughed.
' Oh cmon you now what I mean.'
' Right.... Anyways where's the doctor.'

'I'm right here.' He lowkey scared the shit out of me when he walked up to us from nowhere.

' So... We were going to discuss your friends injuries.'
I nod.

He is slowly recovering, but I think due is head and rib he might need to stay here for 5 days. '

' 5 days!?' Pepper is now also in the waiting room.

' That's a longggg time.'

' I'm sorry ma'am but he really needs his rest and the best way is to do that here. '

' Okay, well thank you for your help. '

' You're welcome. '
He winks at her and then leaves. She looks at me and says ' Me and Tony were supposed to have dinner at a fancy restaurant tomorrow to discuss some business, but seeing the circumstances we can't go tomorrow. And it really takes a lot of time to get on that list, it would be ashamed if I would have to cancel it so if you want you can go tomorrow and have someone to come with you. '